1992 honda accord troubles

unkn0wn_us3r

hey guys i havent posted much on this forum. now i have an issue and im hoping somebody could help me with it. i have a 1992 honda accord lx and the problem is that it randomly stops working. it could be going down the road and stop working, or it just wont start when i go out to go somewhere. i really need help and i dont want to sell it. it is a good car considering this problem. im hoping it is an easy fix, maybe something i looked over. if somebody would please help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

i would first check the main relay, (common for them to take a crap) they normally dont let the car just cut out on you though. when you first turn the key to "ON" do you hear 2 clicks (with about 2 second gap between them) with the engine light on in this time? if not, then you probably have a faulty main relay (dry solder joints) (go here for solution http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php...ight=main+relay )

if you do get the clicks, then i would check for spark, if there isn't, then chances are the igniter has decided to not work (also common)

i would first check the main relay, (common for them to take a crap) they normally dont let the car just cut out on you though. when you first turn the key to "ON" do you hear 2 clicks (with about 2 second gap between them) with the engine light on in this time? if not, then you probably have a faulty main relay (dry solder joints) (go here for solution http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php...ight=main+relay )

if you do get the clicks, then i would check for spark, if there isn't, then chances are the igniter has decided to not work (also common)

Yeh, I would start with replacing the main PGM-FI relay. It is something that goes bad, and if it does not fix the problem (which it very well could/may) then no harm, it should be replaced given the age of the car anyway. What you are describing could very well be that.

Yeh, I would start with replacing the main PGM-FI relay. It is something that goes bad, and if it does not fix the problem (which it very well could/may) then no harm, it should be replaced given the age of the car anyway. What you are describing could very well be that.

i have already replaced the main relay. so i am staring to think it is the fuel pump,maybe the fuel filter.

can you hear the fuel pump priming when you turn the key to on when the relay first clicks? if so then it should be working, you could unbolt the fuiel line from the fuel rail & put it in a container or something then turn the key to on and see if fuel comes out of the fuel line, if it does then I would eliminate fuel as being a problem (unless the injectors/fuel rail are clogged/not working) i would then move on to checking for spark, specifically the igniter

Archived