2001 Accord, Removal of Intake Air tube

nitesurfer

I need some help figuring out how to remove this air intake tube next to my battery on my 01 accord. The light-bulb needs to be removed, and my hands are not small enough to navigate through. THis black tube sticks out. I've tried pulling it out, but no help. I does move a little. Do I yank it out w/ pressure? Easier way to remove this tube?

dont pull it out, theres a few screws you need to remove first

edit: and if you just need to replace the bulb, by removing these screws, it should give you enough room to work with, so dont remove the whole tube

Actually, the whole tube just pulls straight out. There is nothing holding it in. Pull and wiggle.

If you loosen the screws around the bulb housing, you can mess up the alignment as well. It is really unneccessary. Simply twist the bulb and un plug it. Put the new bulb in and plug it in. That's all.

I'm bout to replace my bulbs too, but I don't think you can remove the bulb without removing the screws holding it in.

I typically change 1 headlight every 6 months or less, and I have never had to loosen the screws. The easiest way to get it off is twist it with the plug in tact, then remove the plug after you've pulled the bulb. Put the new bulb in and then reconnect the plug. 215,000 miles on my car, countless headlight bulbs and NEVER done anything but the above mentioned. Absolutely no reason to do anything to the mounting screws for the bulb.

Ok so I changed lowbeams and highbeams and put in Sylvania Ultras (4100K)

Passenger side was easy, after I just unscrewed the battery hold just to give the battery some play. After that, I was able to get my hands in there ok.

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

The driver's side was a b*tch and a half though.

It was so hard to get my hands in there, even after moving the power steering fluid (for anyone who doesn't know, you can pull the tank straight up)

And the wiring had absolutely no slack, and the bulbs were stuck in there pretty good.

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

There are screws here but they don't hold the bulbs in. The bulb and socket twist in behind the screws.

Just grab hold of the socket and twist counter-clockwise, and the bulb will come out with it.

Then push the tab on the back of the socket to pull the bulb out.

IMG_0615.jpg

EDIT: I couldn't figure out how to aim them though, so if anyone has any advice on that, please share (include photos if possible)

You can aim on the vertical access from under the hood but the vertical? (I think) is under the bumper. I've never bothered adusting mine, so I'd have to look to be positive as to which is which though.

Archived