How do you remove the....

Joeteck

Ok, I did a search for Honda forums.. Found this place. Actually found a few, but I hope there are more people who view the posts here, to get a faster response.

Bought a 1995 Honda accord about a week ago. So far I freakin love it. Has a few lighting changes done to it, nothing major.

How the hell do you remove the front directional marker lights?? I open the hood, remove the one screw, and you would lthink this puppy would just fall out...

Seems its getting caught on something on the bottom, like almost looks like a pin or some sort...

I put some serious presure on it, but it never came off.

Any help would be great.

are you talking about the one in your corner lens next to the headlamp?

If thats the one i just knock the hell out of it and there it is.

I cant remember the front since i have had and aftermarket front since around 98.

side-marker.jpgheadlight.jpg

are you talking about the one in your corner lens next to the headlamp?

If thats the one i just knock the hell out of it and there it is.

I cant remember the front since i have had and aftermarket front since around 98.

Yup, thats the one.... I have after market ones in there too... I can't get the freakin thing out....

let me go look right quick all i thought that held it on there was that one screw and then those tabs kinda like pins that slide in the holes to hold it on.

Yea thats all it is it has that one screw and then two small rod like peices that hold it into the fender and then at the frontish on bottom a metal pin that is causing it to be hard to come out.

I just used a small floorjack handle and put it behind the peice of plastic where that screw is. Then put a good bit of pressure and it poped right out. Just dont bend that tab it might snap on you.

let me go look right quick all i thought that held it on there was that one screw and then those tabs kinda like pins that slide in the holes to hold it on.

yeah thats all it should be, my del sol is like that as well.

it will come out, but it will be in a weird direction. just try jiggleing it back and forth. once you get it out you will feel tarded because of how easy it was :D

yeah thats all it should be, my del sol is like that as well.

it will come out, but it will be in a weird direction. just try jiggleing it back and forth. once you get it out you will feel tarded because of how easy it was :D

lol... I already feel retarted.... I freakin asked how to remove a lamp assembly....

Dont be, every one has a brain fart at some point. Some just stinks a little more than others.

Just like me when i was in basic comming off the range lol i said no ass no brammo to our company comander. I should have said no brass no ammo but ohh well brain fart.

Dont be, every one has a brain fart at some point. Some just stinks a little more than others.

Just like me when i was in basic comming off the range lol i said no ass no brammo to our company comander. I should have said no brass no ammo but ohh well brain fart.

So where do I put the rod, to push this thing out without breaking it?

probably just get a flat head screw driver, and a rag or something so you dont scuff up the paint or other things. i cant really see what your doing, but towards the back of the housing, and slowly start prying it, moving the light back and forth might help. you can clearly tell the difference between a crack of the plastic, and the sound of a tab popping out. and if you sneeze and crack the light, you can get them for like 10 bucks on ebay

i put it right behindt the tab where that screw goes into it.

Say your standing in front of your car look at the screw.

Not inbetween you and the screw but right above the screw.

The bar will be angled at you then push the top of the bar towads the windsheild.

If i can find my cam i will get some pics or vids if you really need them.

Do you not have a fsm for your car?

Or even a cheapo service book from your local autoparts store.

Those can help out a whole lot. well in somethings a factory service manual would be best.

i put it right behindt the tab where that screw goes into it.

Say your standing in front of your car look at the screw.

Not inbetween you and the screw but right above the screw.

The bar will be angled at you then push the top of the bar towads the windsheild.

If i can find my cam i will get some pics or vids if you really need them.

Do you not have a fsm for your car?

Or even a cheapo service book from your local autoparts store.

Those can help out a whole lot. well in somethings a factory service manual would be best.

Thanks!! I'll give that a shot.... I should rename my screen name to tarted, if this works.....lol

Thanks!! I'll give that a shot.... I should rename my screen name to tarted, if this works.....lol

what does this have to do with you liking pop tarts?

i think tarded is the word youre looking for

Well, I was able to remove the light assembly.. What a bitch though.... That pin thing was caught in the hole. I had to use a long thin flat blade screw driver to get inside and pop it off. I bought some LED lights off e-bay that I'm very happy with....

Thanks for all your help.

Archived