cooling fans not working

mrbody4545

As you can see here, your fans draw voltage from your A/C system, but only the A/C Condenser Fan should be running in concert with your A/C System, whereas the cooling system operates independently of any other system, relatively.

You may have a poor ground or a poor connection if both fans fail to function simultaneously. If their failure is distinct, the failure may be in either motor.

You need to test your circuit before you do anything else.

well what i did was straight wired it and ran a switch and with the right switch it looks really cool also if you do it that way you dont have the periods where the fan is off and theyh are on as long as you have the switch on

Don't forget to shut it off, you will kill your battery, as you probably already know. I hope you incorporated an in-line fuse and resistor or utilized a relay, otherwise you will eventually cook your insulation off the wiring or catalyze the galvanic decomposition of the chassis from the point at which the ground is connected.

1995 accord cooling fans will not come on unless ac is on need help please

Did you check the under hood 20A fuse 21? When the A/C is on power is supplied through the Condensor fan relay. When the A/C is off power is supplied through the radiator fan relay. I would try removing the radiator fan relay and jumpering the connectors on the fuse panel. If the fan comes on then, then you know it is a bad relay. If it does not come on, check to see if there is power at the relay. There should be power. If not then you can assume the relay is good, and now you have to start chasing the wires back through the system and find your problem. You can also check you engine temperature switches B and A. I believe you hot in on or start for the system goes through the cruise control fuse and the hot at all time fuse 34 15A condensor fan. Fuse (4, 8, 21, and 34) all tie through the circuit. Check all you fuses first, then begin your diagnostics.

Archived