Radio error

mohondaman

According to the owner's manual (the one in the glove box), there are a few error messages that can pop up, but you seem to have the one of two that requires the dealer to intervene.

Indication: Cause: Solution

E-01: Disc-changer malfunction: Consult your Honda dealer

The other is:

E-EE: Misconnection or disconnection of CD Changer: See you Honda dealer.

I checked the glove box manual (P/N 00X31-SV1-6302) and the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual (P/N 61SV405EL) and neither offer any assistance.

Keep in mind; if you end up needing a replacement, any Alpine 8-DIN 6-disc changer will work with your head unit. The appropriate adaptor cables are available on the internet.

• 3 weeks later...
I am receiving a E-1 on the display on my radio when I try to switch to the cd changer. Any ideas for a fix? I need to get some cd's out of the changer.

Thanks for the help.

I had a recent similar problem with my cd changer. I reset the cd changer(there's a reset button in the lower back part) or your could unplug the cd changer and try again. That fixed my problem andneverhad it again. It's been like 8 months.

Good luck!

• 3 years later...

The error that your receiving is because of a disc changer malfunction.

I had the same problem with my 2005 accord and came across a seller that sells the blocks online.

(the block includes the disc changer and radio components.)

http://www.cd4car.com/

The people at the company were very helpful in making sure that I purchased the right one,

I spoke with someone on the phone and they helped me match it up with the face ID on my radio.

Here is a video I watched that helped me to install it myself without any problems.

Archived