mods

97slammed

Hey fellas I want some input and opinions. I am looking for a little more out of my 97 accord 2.2l4 vtech. I have a cai has a nice sound and helped with gas. I am gonna go with a set of headers and an exhaust the question is who makes a good headers does it matter if they are a big name or a no name? Secondly should I go with full exhaust or just a cat back system and which one?? I dont want the bumble bee on steroids sound just something that is quiet at idle but deep on acceleration? Thanks in advance guys oh one more thing I want a short shifter and Ideas on that? Thanks again

Skunk 2 and B&M make short shifters. Unless you wanted to go straight pipe from header back you might as well just get a catback system. Skunk 2 again, Greddy, or Tannabe make good catback exhaust systems. For sound I guess skunk 2 is supposibly a little on the loud side. Greddy my friends got the evo2 catback and it sounds pretty much like what you'll asking for. No personal experience with tannabe exhausts.

As for the header I know DC sports (AEM) is a pretty popular brand. And I'm sure most will agree in most cases you get what you pay for when dealing with aftermarket car parts.

If you don't want that bee sound, get an exhaust system that doesn't have "glass pack" because that melts after a while and then you get that noise you don't like!

lol @ glass pack...i cant believe people actually buy them..

hey thanks guys think I am gonna go with b&m shifter greddy exhaust and dc headers. If that link you included nancy was to watch that vid and hear your exhaust that is terrible mine sounds better than that stock. Not to harp on someone who is giving me advise. Imean I am greatful for the info and opinons of all.

i wouldnt go with dc header.... they dont make them with a 2.5 inch outlet going to the cat or straight pipe... it will decrease power right there if you have a small pipe going to a big pipe... if you dont want a ricer sound i would do the greddy evo 2 catback or tanabe...and get a high flow cat....no cat will make it sound a lil bit more raspy through parts of the rpm range.... i have the evo 2 with straight piping and it sounds great.... but as far as dc goes... i had 2 sets of them and they crack very easy... and they really dont look that good... so if i was in ur shoes i would go with greddy evo 2, high flow cat, a good header with a 2.5 inch outlet.. and the b&m shifter is great... ill try looking for a good header for you...

www.dtmautohaus.com

evasivemotorsports.com

summitracing.com

those are some that have some pretty good headers...

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Can someone help me prove a point to a friend of mine I want to show him on here. He thinks a catback includes the cat but is it or is it not from the cat back hence the name!!!! He argues the point that if that is true what is the point of even buying a catback instead of just buying a high flow cat or test pipe?

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Can someone help me prove a point to a friend of mine I want to show him on here. He thinks a catback includes the cat but is it or is it not from the cat back hence the name!!!! He argues the point that if that is true what is the point of even buying a catback instead of just buying a high flow cat or test pipe?

A "catback" is from the cat to the tip, not including the cat. The difference is that a test pipe is illegal and is eliminates the cat altogether (essentially a pipe straight from the header to the tip) and a high-flow cat (illegal in some places) is still a catalytic converter that increases the amount of air flow. If you have emissions in your area, odds are neither one will pass. I don't have emissions where I live, so I could technically get away with it, but they aren't good for the environment and "ANY" modification to a stock exhaust system, especially one removing the cat is illegal in all 50 states.

A "catback" is from the cat to the tip, not including the cat. The difference is that a test pipe is illegal and is eliminates the cat altogether (essentially a pipe straight from the header to the tip) and a high-flow cat (illegal in some places) is still a catalytic converter that increases the amount of air flow. If you have emissions in your area, odds are neither one will pass. I don't have emissions where I live, so I could technically get away with it, but they aren't good for the environment and "ANY" modification to a stock exhaust system, especially one removing the cat is illegal in all 50 states.

Well thats what I told him. Anyway I cant find a B&M short shifter for my car anywhere! I googled it and I find them but for civics and del sols Anyone know where I can get the set at? Any info is appreciated

Archived