Help...92 Accord Died and won't Start again....

wingman12345

Hello,

Today while I was stopped at a red light, my 92 accord suddenly shut off. I tried restarting it a few times but it would crank but not start.

I've had problems in the past where it would not start in hot weather and also after I drove it a few km's, stopped to grab a coffee, came out and it would crank but not start. Normally, I would just wait a couple minutes and try again. Eventually it would start again.

But today after it suddenly died while I was stopped at the red light. It would not start again. I tried and tried but nothing. So after I got it towed home, my neighbor checked my spark plug connections and told me there was no spark. He said maybe the distributor but he was not very certain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a bad distributor to me as well, i mean if its getting no spark it should be the distributor...

Oh and welcome to HF :thumbsup:

Ok, my brother-in-law came over and we went and got a new ignition module b4 we tried to replace the whole distributor and what do you know it fires up!!! Good thing i didn't go out and buy a new distributor - $129 for the ignition mudule compared to $350 for a new distrib.

I'm gonna replace the main relay while I'm at it to see if the starting problem in hot weather isssue goes away....

Thanks for your reply.

• 1 month later...

check your efi relay. i have a 92 also, and sometimes, if my gf stalls it or i turn it off for a few minutes to run in the store or something it just wont start. turn your key to run, and watch the engine light. when it goes out, you should hear a click under the dash board. i have to turn it on and off several times until it clicks. if it doesnt click, your fuel pump isn't running. if its quiet enough in your car listen for teh fuel pump, when it clicks on you will hear a humming from your backseat too. it doesn't do it often to me, but randomly. it'll do it several times in a week, then not for several months. the main efi relay isn't cheap, so i've just made do til i have enough money extra to deal with it

• 2 weeks later...

Archived