94 Accord 2 door passenger window doesnt work

norrisboat2

Hi all,

Im stumped. I cant figure out why passenger side accord coupe window will not go up or down. My window wont go up or down. There is no noise coming from the regulator signifing it has power.

I tested the switch before removing anything. I had power to the switch before I did anything. I figured since I have power to the switch and no noise from the motor by activating the switch, that it must be the motor.

I ordered and plugged in the new motor. I didnt install it yet because I wanted to see if it was the true problem. I get no movement of the slide or any noise from the motor.

Now I notice I no longer have and power to the switch using my multimeter. engaged or disengaging the switch i dont recieve any power.

I ordered a new switch knowing its probably not the problem.

Install the switch no movement of the slide/regulator.

I swapped the cooling fan relay with the power window relay since they are the same.

Still no movement from the slide/regulator.

Checked fuses. They are all good.

Drivers side window controller also doesnt power the passenger side window. The drivers side window works fine.

Does anyone have an idea why its not working? I had power to the switch before replacing the regulator and now i dont. Does anyone understand what else could have gone wrong?

Thanks,

Norrisboat :thumbsup:

bad ground...

some wire somewhere hanging hitting something...

gl :)

Yeh, i was hoping somebody would have the holy grail fix instead of having to finger through where the bad ground was.

Thanks for the help. Ill work on it some more tomorrow. Ill still await the holy grail fix in case someone knows it.

Thanks,

Norris

Ok, so i goofed. I used a bad ground when i was measuring for power at the switch and the motor.

I have power to the switch. I also have power to the wiring harness connection(where the regulator plugs into) when clicking the switch one direction. The other direction on the switch doesnt produce a voltage result(im assuming its because its for down window operation, not sure though).

Did I get a dead on arrival motor? What else could it be?

Thanks, Norris

The other direction on the switch doesnt produce a voltage result(im assuming its because its for down window operation, not sure though).

DC Circuit my friend, motors only work in the direction of the Electromotive Force.

Reverse your leads, you will find your missing voltage.

Archived