1998 Honda Accord AC Low Pressure

Street Rods

I have a one owner garage keep 1998 Honda Accord V6 with 51K actual miles. Never added freon until now. AC not to cold. Check low side reads 22 lbs. High side OK. Added one can of freon and when low side hits 38 lbs the compressor kicks in and out constant. Its 98 degrees so the low side should read 40-45 lbs easily. I let some freon out down to 33 lbs and the compressor starts to work perfectly. AC temp down to 48 degrees so I try to add freon again and the compressor stops. Let freon out cpmpressor starts again. Low side switch seems to be Ok. I have worked on AC units all my life and this one has stump me. Any suggestions?

I would have have a full manifold hooked up to view both high and low sides simultaneously.

Wouldn't hurt to do a reclaim/recharge.

If that doesn't work, make sure the electronics function properly (field coil, pressure transducer, temperature transducer, etc.).

I'm sure you knew all that since you have worked on AC units for so long. Sorry I cannot provide anything more definitive.

Archived