Easy Way to check status of in dash changer

kickingprop

I'm trying to find out if I have the needed 14pin connector on the back of my in dash 6CD changer with tape deck on my 2002 Accord EX... Or is there an easy way to pull the stereo and have a look for myself with basic tools? I'm wanting to get an iPod interface kit installed but most of the kits i see wont work with the in dash cd changer and the few that do I'm a little skeptical of. Does anyone have any experience with these?

the stereos are pretty easy to take out, just pop off the dash and theres probably a few screws. someone else might actually know what the car came with though, so you might not have to do it.

There really isn't an easy way to pull out your stereo, there is a wrong way and right way. Good news, the right way is rather easy. Start from the arm rest and work your way up toward the stereo, you will soon be faced with a screw that hides near your OBD connection, this is what holds your stereo in place.

Note: skip to the finish line (by not removing everything else) and you risk breaking your console panel trim.

Archived