transmission flush - 01 honda accord

zoltron30

my car has 71000 km on it and i would like to flush out my transmission. honda is charging 82.00 without taxes of course.

my question is if i should let honda flush the tranny or a shop like midas, canadian tire or speedy? trying to save some money here, like all of us lol

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I assume you are driving a car with an A/T. At the shop we will not "flush" the A/T's, we only drain and fill. It should take 3 quarts of Honda ATF. If you are experiencing a shifting problem, drain and fill, drive the car and drain and fill. The reasoning behind not doing the flush that most aftermarket shops try and sell is that if your fluid line hose clamps that go to the cooler in the radiator are not new, there is a good potential that removing them and connecting them to the flusher, and then reconnecting them may cause leakage at the connections. If you stay on top of your trany fluid changes there should never be a need to do a "flush". Honda ATF usually runs about 6.5 to 7.5 dollars a quart.

If you have a manual, it takes 2 to 2.1 quarts of Honda manual fluid, or you can use a good 5W30 motor oil.

Archived