Honda Accord 2008

rambandagi

Hi,

I am writing this with regards to the new 2008 Honda Accord. I hope I am not posting something which isn't in line with the regular topics posted on this forum.

I have been shopping to buy the new 2008 accord. I read so many good reviews about the new accord, but strangely enough hugely disappointed with its performance.

I test drove both the Lx (177hp), Ex (190hp) and the Ex -v6 with 268 hp. The V6 is quite responsive, but the 4-cylinder engines are a huge let down. The car struggles to pull its heavy body. Man, some where in the process of making it a full size car, they have taken away the fun part. I had almost made up my mind to buy this car, but now have second thoughts. As for v6 - i am not sure if the car can give a good mileage in the long run - even with the variable cylinder technology.

If any of you guys have driven the 4 cylinder - Lx and Ex, please share your views. One more thing, the Lx model has no anti-roll bar (Front Shock Tower Bar) - probably which contributes to the poor steering response, body roll and insecure handling at high speed cornering. Also the tires, too might make a difference.

After looking all this, I guess the coupe would be a better alternative - it still has the fun factor in it, where the sedan has lost quite a bit!

I have the 2008 Accord Coupe EX...and I love it honestly its a lot of fun to drive and the gas milage cant be beat...I noticed the pick up isnt fantastic but is a 4 cylinder pushing a full size car wat did u expect...and truthfully the pick isnt even that bad..the coupe is deffinitly the way to go

• 6 months later...

I have to agree with above poster. I too own the 08 Accord Sedan 4cyl. Yes it doesn't have a ton of get up and go onto the highway, but it's acceptable considering the size of the vehicle and that it's a 4cyl. The 6cyl. had been given some bad reviews so I didn't want to take the chance; and the gas mileage on the v6 wasn't enough to get me to go to the next level. The Accord drives really well and it's so comfortable and safe.

Archived