f22 to b21a swap?

skulptr

ok i have a 92 lx with the f22a1

i have a 91 prelude sitting with a b21a in perfect running condition with 30k on the engine. just the body is trashed.

is the swap possible, the b21a into my lx? and would the 5spd for the f22 block fit the b21 block?

also i want to swap the suspension off the prelude to the accord. my accord is really soft, has a crap load of body roll. the suspension on the prelude is aftermarket, so stiff my 300lb best friend sits in it and it only moves 1/4 an inch. i already put my 17's from the lude to the accord, will the suspension swap over or is everything different?

prelude and accord are in the same chiltons and hayne's manuals, so i have to ask, i'd love this setup in my accord

dude i have never heard of that motor and from you little website you have there it's a JDM motor which would explain why i have never heard of it.

where the hell are you from and where are you gettin this motor?

haha, sometimes people (such as myself) take a jdm b18c and bored it over to a 2.1 liter giving it the knick-name B21. the motor will swap in, the tranny won't cross over, make sure you verify your mounts for fitting, shift linkage will have to change with the new tranny, then of course the ecu, wiring harness, etc. it's a lot of work, man. but if you're up to it, more power to ya'!

i bought it jdm 2 years ago from my settlement for my prelude and used the b20 tranny. but now its all but totalled, and its just sitting with the engine running just fine. just would like something a little better than the sohc f22. its a fun engine, but just not as fun as the b21 was.

do u know if the suspension from my prelude will be adaptable?

• 4 weeks later...

why junk it, you should have parted the car out, you would have gotten at least 2 - 3X more if you would have parted it out on egay (ebay) but i have never heard of a B21 either, first for me. new wrinkle in my brain... well welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

I had heard of the B21 but only through researching the B motors in Wikipedia. :laugh:

Yeah, there are mount kits for the B into accord, but those old prelude b20's / b21's were different than the B-series we mostly hear about. Almost nothing is interchangeable from those ones. So just make sure the mounts are actually in the same place. ( I doubt they are) But good luck! Check out hassport.com for their mount kit charts.

dude b21s are POSes!!!! you can't find crap for them, no aftermarket like a B16 or B18 has.

Also the cylinders are made of CFM material, making it nearly impossible to bore. If you do it's more prone to cracking.

The best thing to do with this motor is to put it in a Fiero.

It would go well with all the other parts in that car!

Archived