b20z

97blackonblackcivic.

If you'll boosting the I know I've heard quite a few things about the b20 not being good without rebuilding the block because its weak. Not made as a performance motor so keep that in mind.

you should rebuild any motor if you plan to boost it if you want a significant power gain...the b20z block is fine jus would definatly need to resleeve it if you plan to boost..as for the b20z vs. the b18b i would go with the b20z little more hp with a little more torque...b20z has 146hp and 133 ft/lb of torque as for the b18b it has 142hp and 127 ft/lb or torque...i would go wit the b20z my friend has one swaped in his EG n it pulls pretty hard but you wont make that much power without a vtec head or boost but would be a quick daily driver..

a quick daily is just what i want, see my single is going bad, i dont know what is wrong with it and i dont wanna put any money into it anymore. i can pick up a b20z from a junk yard for like 600 and a tranny for like 400 more, so ill probably spend less than 1500 for everything.

yea go with the b20 it will be a good swap with plenty of potential for later down the road when you want even more power with either a vtec head swap or boostin it...thats a pretty good deal what tranny are you going to put on there cuz i hope your not buying the b20 tranny for 400

yea go with the b20 it will be a good swap with plenty of potential for later down the road when you want even more power with either a vtec head swap or boostin it...thats a pretty good deal what tranny are you going to put on there cuz i hope your not buying the b20 tranny for 400

im getting a b16 one for 400

• 2 weeks later...

niice man glad to here it came togeather yea break it in and let me know how that swap feels was actually thinking about doing the same or a b18b wutever i can get my hands on lol

niice man glad to here it came togeather yea break it in and let me know how that swap feels was actually thinking about doing the same or a b18b wutever i can get my hands on lol

yeah man i still got like 300 more miles to go, but so far im really satisfied with the swap, i c :thumbsup: an finally take on my buddys gsr with no problems lol :thumbsup:

Snoopy, just a random drunken thought here, i had a '93 coupe with b18 swapped in.. pulls hard for a DD.. if thats what your looking for wouldnt cost too much to do and IMHO is very much worth it.

As far as the OP.. i have to +1 on the more pics. Of the car, or the motor, or both together..:D

Archived