accord

skyper

This is my first time and i am hoping someone has the answer.I live in australia where u carn't buy anything 4 accords,i resently lowered my daughters 94 accord with coilovers,and took it down to the guards which looks really good,she drove it home to find out that it bottoms out on the standed shockes,so we tried to buy some lower or shorter shocks but nobody makes them here,i went to the wreckers and had a look at all the hondas and civics and early accords looked like they had the same shocks but shorter,has any body put different shocks in a 94 cd accord or has anybody got any idears,getting pretty desperat

the coilovers that you have, are they adjustable?

if so, raise the car an inch or two, that way it doesnt bottom out.

rick b i could do that but the point of lowering the car was to lower it to where it looks,if i lift it up 2 inches i would of only had lowered it 1 inch,94 accords look like a 4wd if their not low

believe me, i understand why people lower cars.

im not new to the scene. but until youre able to find some replacement shocks, you might consider raising it an INCH or TWO. just so you dont bottom out.

now, youre saying the car bottoms out, does that mean that the actual bottom of the car hits speed bumps and crap in the road?

or are you saying that the tire is hitting the inside of the wheel well because the suspension is too compressed?

if its the car bottoming out on the road with speed bumps and such. youre going to have to get used to it if you want a lowered car. its pretty much impossible to avoid the occasional grind, even with a new suspension, because you will still be lowered.

now if its the suspension being to compressed, and the wheel is rubbing on the inside, maybe you should invest in higher quality coilovers. such as skunk2 or similar. not an off brand set that has skinny little rubber band springs that you can full compress while pushing the car down.

Bottom line. To find what youre looking for, your best bet is to shop online.

Try skunk2, tein, tokico, ect.

believe me, i understand why people lower cars.

im not new to the scene. but until youre able to find some replacement shocks, you might consider raising it an INCH or TWO. just so you dont bottom out.

now, youre saying the car bottoms out, does that mean that the actual bottom of the car hits speed bumps and crap in the road?

or are you saying that the tire is hitting the inside of the wheel well because the suspension is too compressed?

if its the car bottoming out on the road with speed bumps and such. youre going to have to get used to it if you want a lowered car. its pretty much impossible to avoid the occasional grind, even with a new suspension, because you will still be lowered.

now if its the suspension being to compressed, and the wheel is rubbing on the inside, maybe you should invest in higher quality coilovers. such as skunk2 or similar. not an off brand set that has skinny little rubber band springs that you can full compress while pushing the car down.

Bottom line. To find what youre looking for, your best bet is to shop online.

Try skunk2, tein, tokico, ect.

rick

rick b thank u 4 replying ,the car is bottoming out in the shocks ,the shocks r to long now and their is only a few inches travel ,like i said we don,t have any of the shocks u stated here ,we don't have the luxury of going to a store and buying short shocks,it takes months to get things from the states so i need to know what else i can use from other hondas

What coilovers do you have?

Can't you order shocks or a full set of coilovers online? If I suggest a site, it will be based in the U.S. so that may not help you, but you should be able to Google it.

Stock shocks from a Honda will not help you. You need to order some aftermarket shocks like the ones Rick suggested or raise the coilovers slightly, again, like he suggested.

Archived