Bolting down sub box

jerrodh

Anyone got good ideas that are long lasting. Cause the hardware I've used continuely keeps coming undone through normal driving. Least when i was driving it. Wouldnt mine doing it right this time.

Anyone got good ideas that are long lasting. Cause the hardware I've used continuely keeps coming undone through normal driving. Least when i was driving it. Wouldnt mine doing it right this time.

Show us a pic of how you have it mounted? :thumbsup:

s0797utilityshelfbracket.jpg

Hexagon_washer_head_self_drilling_screws_1.jpg

Thats honestly the exact setup I had. Two of them and they didint last a week without needing to be screwed in, etc.

I'm thinking about making a new trunk floor. Cutting a peice of plywood and just reglueing the Del Sol trunk floor down ontop of it. Then I can bolt and nut straight to my box if necessary.

seems like that fiber board would jump around without anything holding it down.

Cuz that sub(which im guessing is a 15" from the looks of it, and has a pretty decent sized magnet on it) and the amps are holding it down at all... :thumbsup:

Cuz that sub(which im guessing is a 15" from the looks of it, and has a pretty decent sized magnet on it) and the amps are holding it down at all...:thumbsup:

offensive. . .

18"s is how i roll :drool:

Thats a 6.5 cu^ft box in the ass of a Suburban if that helps change the scope of the diameter

yeah.. i knew it was BIG as FU*K... just didnt realize that was a burban... plus im drunk.. but now it all makes sense.. im guess that woofer weights damn near 80lbs.. if not a bit more..

Thats a good idea TBH. I might do both, two brackets in the back and bolting it up from under the car then do some velcro just to try and give the brackets some relief under heavy pressure.

yeah.. i knew it was BIG as FU*K... just didnt realize that was a burban... plus im drunk.. but now it all makes sense.. im guess that woofer weights damn near 80lbs.. if not a bit more..

The false floor is bolted to the bottom of the cargo area, the box is bolted to the false floor. I just make sure to put the strap downs in inconspicuous places so they dont stand out.

Archived