Installing a spoiler 08 coupe

brian10956

I purchased a Honda replacement spoiler for the 6 cyl. accord coupe, I have the 4 cly. coupe It didn't come with a template. It has 2 pins, 3 clips and 2 threaded holes were it can be held on to the trunk lid. I am looking for suggestions on how the mark the trunk for the drilling of the holes

Clean and wax the trunk lid. Take some masking tape and cover the area to be marked and drilled. Use a Sharpie the template (make one) to mark the masking tape. Use a hammer and philips head screw driver to put a small poc mark on the hole mark you made with the Sharpie. Drill your marks. Use Honda touch-up paint to paint the freshly drilled holes. Be sure to install the spoiler with the attachment bolts and not the holding bolts, the latter are used to hold the spoiler inside the Honda box and are too long for use on the trunk lid.

The tape will prevent excessive buring of the sheet metal. The dents you make will help you control the drill bit.

If you don't have a template, make your own with 4x6 index cards.

I'd use a scratchawl if I were going to make dimples in the metal. Much smaller and more precise.

However, I'm amazed there aren't bolt holes in the trunk panel from beneath the bottom side. My Integra had them, and all I had to do was drill them out from the bottom.

However, I'm amazed there aren't bolt holes in the trunk panel from beneath the bottom side. My Integra had them, and all I had to do was drill them out from the bottom.

+1

My 1997 Honda Accord EX-V6 had them too. Perhaps for the 2008 Honda Inspire (US Accord) they changed things up alittle.

i'd also attach a littlebit of foam tape to the bottom on the spoiler so the vibrations wont eat the paint around the area on the attachments

i'd also attach a littlebit of foam tape to the bottom on the spoiler so the vibrations wont eat the paint around the area on the attachments

The OEM spoiler should come with a rubber pad for the bottom of the spoiler. My bad, I never asked, is this an OEM spoiler?

• 2 weeks later...

Did this spoiler come in a Honda box? On that box was there a sticker that stated (No installation directions inside). I would go to the dealer and ask for installation instructions. The box should have had a clear plastic sheet it it for marking the trunk for drilling.

Archived