Coolant Loss

md7323

Hi to all,

I have a 1986 Accord LXi fuel injected with 178,000 and I seam to be loosing coolant from somewhere. I do not have any leaks that are noticable nothing on the groud, but I will lose three quarters of the fulid after driving ~ 300 miles. I did let it sit in the driveway the other day for well over a half hour and not a drop.

I thank you all in advance,

Thanks for the quick reply, I have never done this before is there a defined procedure or just compressed air in the radiatior opening i.e plug with air being suppied through hole in the middle.

Thanks again,

In my case, I purchased a $160 hand pump with a fitting to attach to serveral different types of radiators. The hand pump has a gauge calibrated in psi and mmHg. I apply pressure and wait for the needle to drop, a check valve prevents the pressure from dropping when I am not pumping. Often, a leak will present itself when I apply about 12psi to a radiator; it will start to weep or drip under that pressure.

I cannot advise you how to proceed without that equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived