1997 Honda Accord Engine Dies while driving

arifali

I have a 1997 Honda Accord with 73k Miles only, Today it died two time while driving

The Engine died while i was driving on a surface street(20-25 miles/hr), I pulled over and restarted and it immediately started and i was able to drive it back home, It happened two times today.

I had the same problem which happened once 3 months back, but never again, As it happened twice today i am little concerned, should I take it on a freeway at all, will it die there as well

Did you loose electrical on your dash at the same time?

It just happened today morning while i was about to take a left turn, my left turn indicator light also went off as the engine dies, does it mean i lost electrical?

Sounds like a bad battery connection.. Just make sure those suckers are tight, My ford focus did the same thing I hit a bump and the engine would die..come to find out the positive was loose on the battery terminal.

There is an ignition switch recall for stalling on some 97 Accords. You need to call a dealer with your VIN number so they can see if it has been done. I have also seen ignition distributers and main relays cause this stalling problem. A honda dealer will have all the parts you need, the know how and information to fix it.

Archived