Power Window Problems

bigsledda

I have a 2006 Honda Accord LX 4 Door and the only power window that works is the drivers door. Little surprised cause the car only has 43k miles. Every thing worked as normal till I used the key fob to put the windows down to cool the car off. I noticed only the front 2 windows went down but didn't think to much about it. Passenger window was put up as normal and then has not worked since along with the rear windows not working. Any help would be great.

Has any work been done recently? Maybe a loose wire(s)?

Otherwise go to the dealership, because it's most likely still covered under warranty.

Well, I think the standard warranty is 3yrs/36k which would mean it's out of warranty...>I could be wrong though...it's happened one other time :p

First thing to check is the fuses. It's possible that the driver's side would be on a different fuse than the other's considering it would be the main controller for all the windows. Check all your fuses before doing anything else. There will be fuses under the driver's side dash (or floorboard) and also you might check the fuses under the hood....sometimes they'll throw a weird fuse like that under there for unkown reasons.

well with vehicle warranties its whichever comes first. Ok so first of all find a wiring diagram and find the common wire with the windows. Once you find that wire make sure it has adequate voltage and a good ground. Its usually an open ground that you hadn't noticed before with your windows.

We bought the car brand new and no work has been done other than me doing oil changes. Yes the warranty is over, due to mileage. The dealer wants to diagnosis it. $$$. I did check the 4 seperate fuses in the car and the fuse under the hood, they are all good. My friend knows a honda tech who said most likely it's a bad servo theres not much if any wiring.

Archived