Power lock issue

CDelgado

Hello everyone, I am having a bit of issues with my power locks. All the locks lock/unlock with the exception of the rear passenger side lock. I can only pull it out using a wrench but it won't lock back unless I push it down forcibly. I don't use an remote , only key. Any suggestions/ideas/criticisms. Thank you.

I have a 1996 Accord LX Wagon , 5 spd

Might be the actuator located in the door. Disconnect it, apply pos+ voltage from battery to one terminal and neg- to the other (just for a brief moment), it will either lock or unlock. Then do the same thing, only reversing the pos+ and neg-, this should do the opposite of what the first configuration did. If nothing happens either way then it is probably the actuator. If the lock works properly then it might be the main control unit located in the drivers door, or possibly a broken linkage in the door that you are having problem with.

Might be the actuator located in the door. Disconnect it, apply pos+ voltage from battery to one terminal and neg- to the other (just for a brief moment), it will either lock or unlock. Then do the same thing, only reversing the pos+ and neg-, this should do the opposite of what the first configuration did. If nothing happens either way then it is probably the actuator. If the lock works properly then it might be the main control unit located in the drivers door, or possibly a broken linkage in the door that you are having problem with.

Thanks. I'm looking for actuator now

Archived