What type puller/installer for 04 accord A/C clutch?

Dana

I plan to replace the A/C clutch coil on a 2004 Accord LX and the problem I am having is locating the correct puller/installer kit. The local parts stores have no idea which kit to order and online info is useless too, so does anyone know which kit description I need to look for such as which type compressors/clutch they will service. The two kits I have found online both say they service American/Imports but the difference is one services Sanden compressors and the other services Sanyo. I have no idea which compressor the Accord uses if either of those two.

The 2004 Accord uses a Denso 10S17 compressor; the clutch is entirely slip-fit. All you'll need is a socket and a set of external snap ring pliers. There is one snap ring holding the pulley on, and another holding the coil on. When you remove the hub, don't loose the shims. Everything will slide of pretty easily.

Archived