im guna trash my carb.

njin101

:bash: i hate my carberator i went to this 19 century web site nobody knows n e thing, they wont let me post or read "how to engine swaps." :help: i know i hafto change out the wire harness but which ones??? duz n e 1 have d-tailed instructions??? thanx in advance.

What is wrong with your carburetor? I loved my CVCC 1986 Honda Accord LX when I had it.

I have seen an 1986 Accord LX-i with an H22, but it really is a lot of trouble to swap. You would have to spend much more money than it would cost to figure out what is wrong with the CVCC system.

I have had both the 86 DX as well as the 89 DX. Other then the fact that they can be a little harder on cold starts when it is near 0 degrees F here in the New Egland climate, they are really quite good. They can be hard to work on or diagnois given all the thermovalves etc., but my 89 DX was getting 44 mpg with over 350K on it. I still wish I had that old bird... The body rusted out to a point of no return. Now I have a 95 Accord LX wagon manual. I only get on average 33 to 34 mpg on the wagon. The old bird was killer on the gas mileage.

As far as engine swaps go, most anything goes. It all depends on ones mechanical abilities, what engine you choose and whether you will have to mess with the engine mount locations, and or course (probably most importantly), ones ability to negotiate through all the electrical problems that will be associated with switching the car over to a PGM-FI system.

Archived