Buying a 1997 Accord EX-R with H22A engine

sipjd64

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and would like to say that i am a big fan of Honda. I am going to buy my first car but I don't know if its a good deal... This guy is selling me a 1997 Accord EX-R 2 doors with a H22A engine (200HP @6800RPM)with around 65k KM, manual trans.. Its power EVERYTHING. he recently changed the rear brakes calipers hubs and short ram intake (i do not know what this is so if anyone could help me...thanks) hes selling it for 4100 but I've tried to bargain and he lower the price to 3500$ (without the sound system) Now..I do not know if this is a good deal. if it is please tell me why, and if its not tell me why..

thanks a lot !

Too much in my opinion. That car is over 10 years old and just because its got 65k kilometers on the engine doesn't mean that's what's on the rest of the car. In my opinion, $2500 tops.

The swap alone if all is done and true makes it worth it. Not saying you shouldn't try to skim it down some. But its definitly worth the money if its in good shape, etc.

Short ram intake is just a replacement type of air intake that replaces the stock air filter assembly and hoses. It is not really anything special and should not be taken into account when deciding if you want to buy the car or not.

It is a performance part, but it should not affect your consideration for the car.

You should probably worry about the car running and working and all that fun stuff before dropping a ton of money on it though.

Any wheel/tire internet company will filter out results of things that fit your car for you right from their website. No guesswork.

Lowering involves many factors. You can cheese it and cut the springs and it will ride like crap but sit 3 inches lower for dirt cheap and you will blow the shocks within 6 months, if that. Same thing if you buy cheap ebay springs. To lower it far and do it safely and not damage anything you will need a nice coilover assembly with coordinated parts.

sadly the car was sold before i got to see it :( but i found another ''deal'' but not sure if its good or no?

here it is :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honda Accord '93 278*** km with H22A 35*** km

H22 straight from japon 240 hp ( JDM racing motors) 2500$* install july 19th

front bumper Wing West Big Mouth worth 750 $

head light style JDM !! install this summer !!

Mags DAI 17'' semi chrome with lip chrome

Comes with 2 racing seats (new) not installed yet with KYB suspension.

comes with winter tires and rims

asking 4000$

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-...QQAdIdZ74111540

you can check out the pictures on the link.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so that was the guy's ad i dont know if this is a ''deal'' so if anyone of you could help..THANKS!!

if the body is in good condition and it runs well, and you can talk him down a little, i'd say go for it. then sell off the body kit, wing and headlamps and make some money back. (and the seats, since I'm sure they're some POS company anyway)

Archived