Heater / AC controls R&R

Basser50

1. Rear Console removal:

Cup holder first, then the little door (or CD holder) under the arm rest. Remove 3 screws (see below) and then pull up and back (toward the rear seats). The console should come right out.

Thermistor009.jpgThermistor010.jpgThermistor011.jpg

2. Front Console Panel/Contents removal:

Take out your ash tray, then remove 3 screws and pull back and up (see below). There are 6 retainer clips holding the front console in; if the metal part pops off, pull it out and slide it back on the Front Console Panel. Once the panel is removed, loosen the two screws holding the radio/pocket bracket. The stereo/pocket should come loose, now unplug the DIN, Antenna Lead, and C444.

Thermistor012.jpgThermistor013.jpgThermistor014.jpg

3. Removing all switches from the Instrument Panel:

Remove the Steering Column Lower Cover at this point. It is the plastic that is in front of your knees when you are in the driver seat. The Steering Column Lower Cover covers the metallic Driver's Knee Bolster that is bolted behind it. Steering Column Lower Cover is only held in by retainer clips, so just pull on it until it pops out. Reach up under the Instrument Panel and push the switches from behind to pop them out. Remove the Moonroof/Cruise Control switch (at C603 and C604), Dash Brightness controller (at C605), and the Rear Defogger switch (at C613).

4. Instrument Panel removal:

Remove the 6 screws holding it in: 1 behind the Moonroof/Cruise Control switch, 1 behind the Dash Brightness controller, 2 above the Gauge Assembly, 2 below the A/C Controls. Pull gently on the Instrument Panel to remove it. As the panel starts to come out, insert your hand inside to push it from behind. Remove the Heater Control Panel Connectors: C611 and C612. Remove the Air Mix Control Cable, it is held down with one Philips head screw and the end is looped onto a peg. The Instrument Panel should be free, your done.

Thanks James and Jeffro , , , uh , , , I think I might just have to buy my wife a 12 volt electric heater to get her by till we can buy her a newer accord w/o a bad heater cable, prob not but for goodness sake that is as my daddy used to say "that 's too much sugar for a nickel" but I may try and tackle it . ThankYou both very much ! ! Kelly omg

Archived