2008 Accord Sedan Headlight Removal - HELP!!

wekiser

Honestly I have yet to have to take a headlight out of your generation Accord. Based on my knowledge of other generations I would say it is one of two ways.

1. The bolts and screws may be accessible from the top;

2. Or like some modles the front bumper cover may have to be removed

Those really are the two basic ways I have seen Honda engineer the headlight systems.

Looking at the picture on Honda.com, it looks like there is one bolt over the headlight, and two, possibly 3 below which would mean you need to remove the bumper. If you can get under the car and look up at the headlight and see two bolts facing up and one facing in from the front, you may be able to get them off without removing the bumper, but I doubt it by the picture.

2008hluk1.jpg

• 2 months later...

4-door

Remove the parts:

Upper fender trim

Front bumper

Front bumper absorber

Remove the three bolts, and pull the headlight (A) out slightly.

Remove the harness clip (B) from the headlight housing, and disconnect the connectors © from the bulb sockets.

Remove the headlight with the corner upper beam (D).

NOTE: Be careful not to scratch the headlight lens and the fender.

Remove the two bolts (E) and the corner upper beam from the headlight.

Install the headlight in the reverse order of removal.

After replacement, adjust the headlight.

• 2 years later...

It's nice to know to change the headlight on my 2009 Accord, I have to remove the front fender trim, remove the front bumper, remove the front bumper struts....huh???

The dealer wants $300 to do it.

If I don't trade the car in, I'd like to find jerk engineer from Japan that designed this setup and grab him by the lapels--if he isn't glowing in the dark with all the radiation.

What kind of BONEHEADED ease of repair design is this--remove bumper??? Come on!!! This is a HONDA.

I changed headlights in my 2005 Accord and 2007 CR-V in less than 10 minutes each.

• 7 months later...

I'm actually working on this right now. I am installing retrofit projectors in my headlights. I already took the bumper off, the headlight out, and in the process of taking them apart and putting them back together. Pics will be uploaded once its done.

Archived