93 accord clutch problem

HPD10932

I have a '93 Accord that when my son (new to the concept of a manual trnasmission) stopped the car he dumped the clutch when he turned it off. Now, when I start the car, the transmission will not engage. I can move the gearshift into all 6 locations with no resonse from the transmission. The clutch still feels as though it is operating correctly.

Odd. Honda manuals are tough (especially that generation). Dumping the clutch is no diffently then stalling out. It could be one of a couple of things, either the gears/synchros got detstroyed (unlikely), the axle(s) disengaged from the transmission (inner joint), or possibly due to the jolt in the drive train, the shifting cable disconnected from the top of the shift box (possible if some mechanic left the cotter pin out). Other then that, that is one that I would have to see in person to diagnois.

Just some food for thought.

Archived