Were all the jdm "H22A" motors red top?

alex37211

cool. thanks.

Im about to buy a 92' accord coupe with an H22a in it for hopefully $1500. He's got it listed for $1900. I'm excited. Anyone know by chance the different cylinder head codes for H22's? I'm gonna look into it but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I drove the accord and couldn't bring myself to offer any more than a grand. It was bad. FIRST off, there was not an H22 "swap". There was an h22 motor and a sh!tty f-series looooong transmission. Once I got up around 6k rpms or so it was fast, but getting there was a battle.

I think ALL the mounts were busted. I looked at the side mounts and they had been filled in with that expanding foam that you seal off cracks in wood with. wtf? It wasn't doing the trick. It had bad vibration throughout and shook violently when starting off in 1st. FURTHERMORE, the body had dents all over and rust through the rear wheel wells. Also, it was lowered without a camber kit and the wheels were on slant. UGLY wheels too. I think they were like american eagle or some sh!t. Oh, and the ebay header was dented in on the bottom too. AND the shifter felt like i was forcing it through clay in every shift. Weird. I wasn't impressed.

I drove the accord and couldn't bring myself to offer any more than a grand. It was bad. FIRST off, there was not an H22 "swap". There was an h22 motor and a sh!tty f-series looooong transmission. Once I got up around 6k rpms or so it was fast, but getting there was a battle.

I think ALL the mounts were busted. I looked at the side mounts and they had been filled in with that expanding foam that you seal off cracks in wood with. wtf? It wasn't doing the trick. It had bad vibration throughout and shook violently when starting off in 1st. FURTHERMORE, the body had dents all over and rust through the rear wheel wells. Also, it was lowered without a camber kit and the wheels were on slant. UGLY wheels too. I think they were like american eagle or some sh!t. Oh, and the ebay header was dented in on the bottom too. AND the shifter felt like i was forcing it through clay in every shift. Weird. I wasn't impressed.

wow. well at least it's not something you're stuck with :thumbsup:

i can't narrow my decision down for my next build :crazy:

too many options!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
<br />There are 3 diffrent h22s a black and red top for the prelude the red being the type S and a blue top Beign the accord euro type R the black top is the bottom of the line h22<br />
<br /><br /><br />

valve covers dont mean crap ive seen swapped covers trying to pass them off its the codes u need and the three i know are h22a jdm black top, h22a1 american black top, and h22a4 ??? not sure

Well since it's open...as a follow up, I now know what the deal was with the stubborn shifter. The shift linkage was tightened too much. I experienced the same phenomena when I did my gsr swap. I loosened the nut on the shift linkage and the problem was solved.

But yeah.......stop raising the deadthread.

Archived