question on buying snow tires

zoltron30

Your question really depends on where you live and or plan to drive your car. Studs are not meant for snow but much more for ice. Studs are very effective on ice or icy roads, however, on some roads (county, state or Fed. hwy) they are either not allowed or are limited by use only during a certain time of the year like January thru March. Having studs will also make your snow tires louder especially on hwy. or higher speed driving. In general, I usually do not recommend studs or even snow tires for that matter. I do recommend using a good 4 season radial tire and if it snows alot or roads are not plowed I simply do not drive until they are cleared.

Your question really depends on where you live and or plan to drive your car. Studs are not meant for snow but much more for ice. Studs are very effective on ice or icy roads, however, on some roads (county, state or Fed. hwy) they are either not allowed or are limited by use only during a certain time of the year like January thru March. Having studs will also make your snow tires louder especially on hwy. or higher speed driving. In general, I usually do not recommend studs or even snow tires for that matter. I do recommend using a good 4 season radial tire and if it snows alot or roads are not plowed I simply do not drive until they are cleared.

ah i see. thanks for the respone and for the info. i live in canada and can experience some heavy snowfalls. i was going to buy some all seasonals instead but opted to purchase some snow tires. we had a bad winter last year and i was sliding all over the place lol. thats why i wanted to get the snow tires instead

Archived