98 Accord LX Keyless Entry Wiring

Staying Stock

I received an Audiovox AA925 keyless entry system for Christmas, but am a little confused regarding connecting to the car's locking system. I can figure out the power, horn, light, etc connections for the receiver box, but am unsure how to tap into the car lock controller. Specifically, the 3 wire harness that taps into -Unlock/+Lock.

Does anybody have a detailed how-to for this? I have a Haynes manual and have found some color-coded diagrams online, but I am still not confident.

Link to the system with the installation manual: http://tinyurl.com/a2zwyy I do not have the optional remote start or starter disable, so I am not worried about those.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I searched this site, Honda-Tech and google, but didn't find much, hence this post.

On my 1997 Honda Accord EX-V6, the door is prewired to be controlled by a Security System. There is a two-pin wire that is taped to a harness under the dash that provides a connection with the door wiring, i.e. it is not necessary to run a wire to the door, Honda already did this for me. You might want to check on this, as you may only be dealing with wiring the harness in the door and then connecting the control unit to an auxiliary connection that Honda installed for this purpose (adding a Security System).

What I would do is get ahold of installation instructions for your year Accord's Security System and a wiring diagram for the door circuit and multiplexing unit; I have seen these online, for the 6th Gen Accords. Compare the instructions with your unit's instructions, then make a translation to your circuits using the wiring diagram.

That's what I would do before cutting a single wire or turning a single screw.

Archived