Car won't start

Regmike

Just bought car - drove it home. Went to start it today - it turns over, but will not start.

It is very rainy and damp - any problems with distributor caps. Had that problem with my Nissan Maxima.

Any poiters how to trouble shoot?

Thanks!

I thought the 98 Accords had distributorless ignitions, or is that 2001 and up?

I would start with the basics: air, spark, fuel.

Make sure there are no obstructions on the intake. Have the battery checked. Make sure fuel is getting to the rail.

I thought the 98 Accords had distributorless ignitions, or is that 2001 and up?

I would start with the basics: air, spark, fuel.

Make sure there are no obstructions on the intake. Have the battery checked. Make sure fuel is getting to the rail.

V6 came out with DIS.Is yours the 4 cyl. ? First off is the CEL illuminated on the dash ? does the Key icon on the dash stay on ? If the key ion is on the dash then the car won't start at all.If no lights are ON,just what Regmike has mentioned.

V6 came out with DIS.Is yours the 4 cyl. ? First off is the CEL illuminated on the dash ? does the Key icon on the dash stay on ? If the key ion is on the dash then the car won't start at all.If no lights are ON,just what Regmike has mentioned.

Thanks - The original owner had one key - I got 3 from PEP Boys and this is the problem - didn't know the keys had to be coded. The original key starts the car, the PEP Boy keys leave the key icon on and disable the car.

Thanks again!

Archived