Need Cat for 99 Accord

Regmike

I have a 1998 Accord LX 4 Cly with a P0420 code low bank 1. Can anyone recommend a good source other than the dealer who supplies a direct fit replacement CAT.

I know Honda gets a lot and I can do it myself but I need something that will work and get rid of the check engine light.

Thanks!

Have you cleared the code to see if it comes back? Have you also checked to see if there is a O2 sensor code with it? Be sure the O2 sensor is not miss reading the emission levels and causing a 420 code.

As far as direct fit, most after market ones should fit. EPA mandates that all new cats come with a 80K replacement garrantee. I have found that most aftermarket ones are junk, only lasting a short period of time, but if you are doing the work yourself, you and always replace it as it fails. Be aware that you can probably sell your old cat for 90 to 100 bucks, so factor that in when shopping. You may want to go with a factory original if you can find a salvage yard or recycler that will buy it from you.

Archived