ABS codes... whats wrong?

jdwilson44

car is 2003 accord v6 a/t with 90k miles

51-01-abs pump motor failure

61-01-battery voltage failure

68-01-brake switch failure

71-01-wrong size of tire

ok.. so abs tcs and the triangle lights have been comming on intermittenely (all at once) for a couple of weeks.. sometimes they will go out for a day or so then come back.. yesterday they all decided not to come on so.. i took the opportunity to try to engage the abs at every stop i came to (snowing alot yesterday) and needless to say it works flawlessly , tcs also works. the lights never came on even after this workout. sooooo local shop here pulls the codes and says the they recommend i replace the abs pump motor??

"wrong size of tire" could this be from a previous owner running with the spare tire? i only owned car for 3 months and all wheels are stock size

"Battery voltage failure" i took off battery cable to try to clear abs codes...

so my bad on that one

"brake switch failure" i took brake switch out today and it appears fine? brake lights work

ok as of right now only the TCS and orange triangle lights are on (hey cleaered out codes after I left shop, mile or so down the road the TCS and orange triangle came back on )

oh and also fluid is full

your fluid is low...I would say bleed and replace fluid and clear the code by removing the negative of battery for a minute and then see if lights come on again...

update us :)

fluid appears full in brake reservoir, there is no separate tank for abs on my car, could air in abs system cause this? im not exactly sure on the bleed procedure for abs unit on 7th gen either...

good...you thought the same...then bleed to get rid of possible air bubbles...

bleeding procedure should be somewhere online or if I remember correctly, member James_Matteu here posted a thread about his ABS on Accord once...

Archived