1995 Accord LX

emoguitarist06

F22B2

This engine was used in the 1994-1997 Honda Accord DX, LX and SE. The F22B6 in the 1995-1997 Honda Odyssey and the F22B8 in the Honda Shuttle are substantially similar.

Specifications

* Bore × Stroke: 85.0 × 95.0 mm

* Displacement: 2156 cc

* Valve Configuration: SOHC, 16 valves

* Compression ratio: 8.8:1

* Max power: 130 hp (97 kW) @ 5300 rpm

* Max torque: 139 ft·lbf (188 N m) @ 4200 rpm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_F_engine#F22B2

Thanks alot AccordHeart!

What I meant by good engine is... well idk LOL

Is there alot of people suping up this engine or are people mainling just dropping in new engines

for the accord that I have?

So basically:

Does the F22B2 engine have alot of aftermarket support?

Thanks alot AccordHeart!

What I meant by good engine is... well idk LOL

Is there alot of people suping up this engine or are people mainling just dropping in new engines

for the accord that I have?

So basically:

Does the F22B2 engine have alot of aftermarket support?

It has a decent amount of aftermarket support. As far as some internals, well..They can be a bit tricky to find. But as far as basic bolt-ons yes. F22B2s are pretty decent to boost as well, low compression + easy to tune. Most people wouldn't bother building up an f22 though, they just swap in an h22, f20b, or something similar. As for personal experience, my b2 has just intake and cat-back. It's relatively quick for being a basically stock honda(was completely rebuilt 70k miles ago, tranny is slipping now). Obviously it's not going to compare to something like an STi or Evo, but still not a bad engine.

Ok another questions sort off topic.

I just bought this 1995 Honda Accord LX (automatic) F22B2 engine

and there is a major oil leak!

First I realized that there was alot of oil on the top right of the engine (that's from looking at the engine when you open the hood)

With the help of the guys at autozone we found out that the Head Valve gasket was folded and bad.

So I bought the $23 rubber gasket and removed the Head Cover and installed it myself and I clean the engine bay and that has solved that problem.

But there is still a major leak coming from the left side of the engine (from looking at the engine when you open the hood & from looking at the ground where I park the car)

From researching this online I noticed alot of people with Accords have problems with the Timing Belt and something about a Rear Seal?

Now from the guy I purchased it from (who doesn't know alot about the car since he bought it from an auction) I know he said he installed a new timing belt and a new radiator and I think a new intake manifold.

Is it possible that seals around the timing belt can leak alot of oil? Or could it be as simple as the screw in the oil pan?

Keep in mind that the leak is coming PASSENGER side of the car. Is that where the timing belt is?

Any ideas would help b/c I don't want to be screwed by a shop when I take it this thursday.

On the F22B2, the Timing Belt is on the driver's side of the engine, the transmission and distributor are on the passenger's side of the engine. The oil is leaking from either the distributor o-ring or the rear main seal.

Are you sure it is oil?

On the F22B2, the Timing Belt is on the driver's side of the engine, the transmission and distributor are on the passenger's side of the engine. The oil is leaking from either the distributor o-ring or the rear main seal.

Are you sure it is oil?

Oh great thanks alot!

I'm pretty sure it's the oil b/c I placed my finger into the ground and it sure looked like oil and the oil level is really low

I'll find out for sure tomorrow though!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived