95 Accord HID Problems

scaryjello

I recently installed a HID kit in my 95 Accord. I used a relay harness and everything to make sure i wouldnt melt anything. My lights turn on and work fine. However, the passenger side HIGH beam comes on with the headlights. If i turn the HIGH beams on, both sides come on but are very dim, but once i turn them off, the passenger one still stays on and is bright like it should be. Does anyone know what this problem could be?

Thank You

Where did you tap your harness for an input voltage to the relay? How do you have your ballast connected? Did you follow a circuit diagram? Can you provide a link to the diagram you followed?

Well I didn't follow a diagram. I ordered a harness that was already made from the company. I believed I figured out the problem tho. I unplugged both sides of the HID wire harness to the factory because what kept happening everytime I turned on the headlights, I blew a left headlight fuse under the hood. So then I only plugged in the right side n turned it on and it nothing blew. Then I plugged in the other side and it blew the fuse. I'm just going to switch sides with the ballast and see what happens then

Archived