Rice?

JewelsAccord

I called the ppl working on my car and they were nice enough to take their time and check my exhaust for me...I was told from the kid that sold me the car it had a cherry bomb/glasspack thingy on it...The car does sound nice..Especially now that my flexpipe is fixed..but because I'm iggnorant about exhaust I've come to you guys for advice..The shop said the muffler has printing of "ractiv" is this a Reactive muffler?...If so it's coming off! bleh I mean the car sound good...Not like theres pissed off bees in a can type thing..But I don't want it to sound like rice...I dunno...The shop also said that in order to get performance from exhaust I would need to work on the headers etc..etc...That fart cannon I have is just for sound...It's a pretty big muffler..Maybe 5-6 inches around... :help: He also said theres a small glasspack thingy there..but I didn't understand him..I'll have to get a video of the car when it's out of the hospital....my point is my Accord is a family car...and slight toy for me..I don't want to race it or anything..and I would never put a kit on it other than what it has...I dont want to drive around sounding like a weedwacker is chasing me..LOL

if you like the way it sounds, why not keep it the way it is? ractiv is that like cheapo muffler you buy off ebay lol.

to get full hp out of it, yeah, going header/back is going to net you the most power, but it wont be much. if its just your family car and you aren't worried about performance and like the sound, then i wouldnt worry too much about it.

if you like the way it sounds, why not keep it the way it is? ractiv is that like cheapo muffler you buy off ebay lol.

to get full hp out of it, yeah, going header/back is going to net you the most power, but it wont be much. if its just your family car and you aren't worried about performance and like the sound, then i wouldnt worry too much about it.

Gawd, I'm changing the Muffler then...I want something that's atleast sexy for my car.. :p And yes, I like the sound..

Do you have an exhaust shop nearby? Have them put on a custom exhaust for you.

actually the shop that's rebuilding my head does great exhaust work :thumbsup: they put on my new flexpipe and did a wonderful job..They also do major exhaust work so I'll prolly have them quote me on the job...

I've heard Tanabes. I own a Tanabe. So what I think, is they sound good.

Yup, I <3 my Sol's Hyper Medalion, never regret that replacement.

If you actually like the sound of louder, obnoxious, attention-getting systems, then it's not ideal for you.

Yup, I <3 my Sol's Hyper Medalion, never regret that replacement.

If you actually like the sound of louder, obnoxious, attention-getting systems, then it's not ideal for you.

Do you have a picture of it on the car?

Do you have a picture of it on the car?

I'm sure I do, on one of my computers. Maybe if the weather isn't too bad tomorrow, I'll take a quick shot.

I've decided to have my exhaust looked at and redone later in time...my money will be tight for awhile because I'm paying up on my mortgage for 1 yr...so, if it sounds like rice till then, oh well...

Archived