Looking to purchase an 03 Accord

Auronx62

As part of my car hunting project, I've been looking into the 2003 Honda accord, 4 cylinder coupe or sedan. Probably a coupe =P. Can anyone offer any insights on this car? I heard about some transmission failure that hit a handful of 03 accord owners. But I'm quite foggy on that. Majority of the complaints were related to the V6 types. Regardless, if the mileage was decent (say 60k or so) and the car in good conditions, should there be something barring me from purchasing that car?

Cool, thanx. I guess I'll look into it a little more knowing that the chances of getting hit with a tranny failure is rather uncommon/nonexistent.

That's not what I said. The V6s have rampant transmission issues, that Honda has replaced at their cost. The I4s have, as far as I know, zero transmission issues. The 4 cylinder will get you better mileage however.

That's not what I said. The V6s have rampant transmission issues, that Honda has replaced at their cost. The I4s have, as far as I know, zero transmission issues. The 4 cylinder will get you better mileage however.

My mistake. But thanx for clarifying. I was probably going to looking to the I4 anyways.

Archived