lost power steering on my 93 accord ex

msand9898

Ok, this all started when my clutch went out...Everything else was working fine at this point except clutch.

So I had a mechanic friend change out my clutch on my 93 accord ex.

Removal went fine, install went as expected...

So he showed me that it now started and went into every gear without any issues and showed me that my clutch engaged and disengaged properly...

So I paid him and he was on his way and my family hopped in the accord to go out for ride.

Well i started it up and I put it in reverse and backed up but when I got to the end of the driveway I noticed that I had no power steering?

So I figured I would drive and at a few stop lights I would turn the wheels left & right to bleed the system.

This proved wrong? I still don't have power steering and it worked flawlessly prior to the clutch going in.

I even tried bleeding the system at home...and all belts are on th right way and are a week old.

Mechanic friend is out of town for a week and I need my car back , so anyone have any ideas on what may be the issue.

Well you can always just remove the belt and drive without it. It's not going to damage anything as long as you have some fluid left in the rack to lube the o-ring in the middle. I've been driving mine without power-steering for quite sometime. My high-pressure line busted at least 10 times(No, I'm not kidding or exaggerating) But if you leave the belt on and there is no fluid in the system, you will break sh!t. Not saying this is a permanent fix, just saying it might get you through til your buddy gets back if you have nothing else to drive.

Archived