Rdio Code

Regmike

Timing belt...radio. Does not compute. huh

you disconnect the battery to do the work, radio goes out, you need new code when you have it all back together.

call the dealership, if they don't give it to you over the phone bring proof of ownership and car to dealership and ask them in person

No, no, no. To remove the timing belt, you have to remove the accesory belts. The alternator belt is an accessory belt. If you touch the wrong part of the alternator, the wrench will be LIVE and can arc to the chassis, exhaust, etc.

I know this from experience.

Disconnecting the batter is a good idea when changing the timing belt.

No, no, no. To remove the timing belt, you have to remove the accesory belts. The alternator belt is an accessory belt. If you touch the wrong part of the alternator, the wrench will be LIVE and can arc to the chassis, exhaust, etc.

I know this from experience.

Disconnecting the batter is a good idea when changing the timing belt.

80+ amps will tickle you pink...

Hrmm, I didn't disconnect my battery when I did my timing belt. I just loosened the tensioner bolt and slid the alt 1/2in over to put a little slack in the alt belt and slid it off. Retightened the bolt and viola! Took all of 15 seconds and no death.

Anyway, the security code thing is a joke as nearly all factory honda radios have the code either taped to the housing of the radio, written on the radio in permanant marker, or written on a piece of tape in the glovebox. 9 times out of 10 it is just written on the radio chassis. Pull the radio out and I would bet a $1 that it is written on it.

For the record, many Honda dealerships will want to bill you for 1/2 hour of labor for obtaining the radio code. :crazy:

I don't have extensive experience, but I put a "factory" CD player from another car in mine a while back, and it had no available code and the dealer just took the s/n off it and gave me the code 30 seconds later. If a dealer charges you for it they are way to desperate for your money and for you never to come back...

...If a dealer charges you for it they are way to desperate for your money and for you never to come back...

Agreed!

This, among a few other things, is why I try to avoid the local H dealers as much as possible. It is not H's fault, just that the two dealers closest to me are not very reputable places to do business with.

i had a sticker in each door jamp, stuck on the bottom of my trunk lid, and another under my hood with a 4 digit number on it, i had now clue what it was for. had to disconnect teh battery for something and called honda to get the code. after a bunch of bs about how they aren't supposed to do it they just gave it to me over the phone, that's when i realise the code on all the stickers was my radio code.

Archived