idle problem

pauly0

My '93 Accord LX almost dies out when i come to a stop. Similar symptoms occurred when my fuel filter was clogged. I changed the fuel filter, plugs, and rotor and cap in the last six months. I was told to take out the AIC and spray w/ carburator cleaner. Any other suggestions or does this seem like a the right diagnosis?

My '93 Accord LX almost dies out when i come to a stop. Similar symptoms occurred when my fuel filter was clogged. I changed the fuel filter, plugs, and rotor and cap in the last six months. I was told to take out the AIC and spray w/ carburator cleaner. Any other suggestions or does this seem like a the right diagnosis?

Along with the other things you changed, perhaps you should check your PCV valve. A clogged one can cause idle problems. Replacement is cheap and easy.

• 3 weeks later...

My 88 accord does that only when its raining for some reason i think something sticks or something idk because it will try to die when im slowin down or come to a complete stop very rarely though. Do u kno wat could b wrong with it.

Archived