need help check eng????

dannc

hello everyone please help i was driving in a freeway when i notice that my check eng. light is on but the car runs well no problem at all, the next day i decided to have it scan RESULT is PO 300 multiple misfire PO/301/302???? :help: what shall i do....

P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

P0301 Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected

P0302 Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected

P0303 Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected

P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected

P0305 Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected

P0306 Cylinder 6 Misfire Detected

P0307 Cylinder 7 Misfire Detected

P0308 Cylinder 8 Misfire Detected

P0309 Cylinder 9 Misfire Detected

P0310 Cylinder 10 Misfire Detected

P0311 Cylinder 11 Misfire Detected

P0312 Cylinder 12 Misfire Detected

These are all of the misfire codes. The 0300 is for more than 1 cylinder.

Clear the code, drive the car, if it comes on again make sure that's what it is. If you're not the first owner, that could be a long stored code...though I doubt it.

i am the second owner of this car when i got this everything is good, and i did clear the code in a couple of days it keeps coming back

so where will i go from there should i replace the cam sensor?

Find out why it's misfiring, could just be an ignition module...bad wires, etc. There are many things to check before going to the cam sensor. Besides, if it was the cam sensor, it will have it's own code.

P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Malfunction

P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

P0342 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Low Input

P0343 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit High Input

P0344 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Intermittent

Find out why it's misfiring, could just be an ignition module...bad wires, etc. There are many things to check before going to the cam sensor. Besides, if it was the cam sensor, it will have it's own code.

oh yeah u r right, i will diagnose again ty man

for got this even though i got this code my car runs good no signs of malfunction or what ever, that confuses me too?

for got this even though i got this code my car runs good no signs of malfunction or what ever, that confuses me too?

Because you have a Honda, start small when looking for the cause of what the computer says is a problem. Honda used to advertise

and I still keep that in mind when trying to diagnose car trouble.

What about the gas you are burning. I won't name any names here but there is an awful lot of ethanol (alcohol) being sold along with the gas people are buying these days. Some don't notice the difference, but I bet an engine designed to run on gas notices the difference. A great engine like Honda will keep on chugging while burning the stuff but unbeknownst to the driver, still might not be firing perfectly.

Also look at plug wires in the dark of night with the car running. Any sparks jumping around means new wires needed. Check the connectors on the wires for corrosion. It can build up quietly and reduce current flow at mysterious times. Check how the wires are attached. I have found that even some mechanics get in a hurry and slap wires on without making sure the contact is situated properly in the boot. On new wire sets, the contacts might sit perfectly or be shoved in or jut out too far. The boots should also go on firmly enough that it takes a good pull to take them take off. That might mean carefully widening the contacts so they go snugly into the female contacts on the distributor.

Check the plugs. Are they the right kind? Look good? Gapped properly? The wrong plugs can be as bad as poor quality or wrong gas when it comes to the running of a car. Torque/tighten plugs properly when installing. Ten or more years ago, I had a person, who called himself a foreign car mechanic, "misread" his wrench and put 20 inch pounds on my plugs that called for 20 foot pounds. Car lacked power and sounded strange. I checked the plugs and they were barely tightened. I have never let anyone put plugs in my car since.

Take off the distributor cap and inspect it for cracks, dirt or debris and an intact rubber gasket all the way around it. Inspect the rotor button in the center of it. It should have a definite spring action. Check the rotor for wear. If in doubt, replace both. While you are in the distributor look into it to make sure no dirt or debris is in the distributor housing itself. A flashlight will let you get a decent look down in there without taking it apart.

Sorry I have been away for a while. So... you have yet to mention whether it is a 4 or 6 cylinder. I am guessing a 4. Have you had any work done to the car prior to the check engine light? Or, if you just bought the car, do you know of any work done to the car recently? Are your plugs NGK and are your wires Honda factory? Those are the starting points.

Assuming you have coil over plug, if the code comes back after clearing it, take the No.1 cylinder and No.2 cylinder coils and move them both to the No.3 and No.4 cylinders and obviously the 3 and 4 to the 1 and 2. Re-connect everything and run the car. If the codes come back but they are know P0300, P0303 and P0304 (instead of the P0301 and P0302) then you are probably dealing with two bad coils.

Post back more info when you can.

Archived