How to replace a air intake sensor

jgurer

Hello i am new i need help with my 1990 honda accord its been running hot lately everytime i cut it off after driving the fan comes on and stays on for a least 5 min so i checked my ecu and it gave me code 10 how do i replace the air intake sensor

Hello i am new i need help with my 1990 honda accord its been running hot lately everytime i cut it off after driving the fan comes on and stays on for a least 5 min so i checked my ecu and it gave me code 10 how do i replace the air intake sensor

The IAT is should be located on the intake body between the firewall and intake. It should have a two wire connector leading to it. First you should clear the code and see what happens. Second, you can measure the kohwm between the two posts on the IAT. It should be between 0.4 and 4.0, if it is not then you will need to replace it. A wrench or socket of the right size is all you will need. Honestly a socket with a flex or wabble extension is best. For some reason I think the size is along the order of 21 or 24 mm, but don't quote me on that. Basically, disconnect the connector, un-screw the old one, replace and reconnect wiring, then clear engine code.

Good luck.

Archived