shaved door handles

jessica_sol

Sounds like meee.. Till DIs Summer hOmie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i mean i cant say much seeing that ive only got a full coil over/damper kit, wheels, exhaust, intake, and a few other misc things for my sol.. but after deployment will be fun :devil:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. they suck.

2. they ruin your weather stripping cause your roof to leak.

3. if you dont get the good ones they are a pain in the ass to open.

4. good set will run you 1500-2000 dollars. some of its bolt on and the rest are welded inside the fender

5. most places charge about 1500 to install them.

6. you dont just open your door and push up if u get hte cheap ones you got to open the door almost 1/4 way then normal then push up the exspensive ones go up on a spring mechanism but require some strength to pull back down and then try and shut them.

Yours prolly think man this guy is a d***

Im just helping you out. I respect and love that your into cars. I wish i had a girl who is into cars. :)

sounds like someone has been drinking cause they are not typing as good as normal

but he speaks truth.. dont ruin a sol.. it doesnt deserve you to mess it up

i mean i cant say much seeing that ive only got a full coil over/damper kit, wheels, exhaust, intake, and a few other misc things for my sol.. but after deployment will be fun :devil:

you could buy one of the two vtec heads i have and make a mini me

yeah im buying brads Z6 head and either the B20 or B16B and building it as much as possible until i get out of cav scout school then ill swap it in the sol and build as i go

EDIT:: thanks for the offer though

And Jessica, there are a few tricks out there to stop the roof from leaking, if it is leaking near the top of the front triangle window, you can fix it in 5 seconds pretty much... Also, if your roof is already leaking, doing something that might make it leak more doesn't sound like too much of a good idea, you might wanna get the leaks sorted first before you do anything!

mmmmm, fix this leak in 5 seconds...im all ears kid.

And you need to lift up a lil bit of the seal on the inner side (NOT as in lift it off the car, you just need to move a bit of it out the way), and there is a small metal lip that runs along the seal, with this you just need to push it up and out a little bit, and it'll force the seal to sit against the window better. Ok this isn't the best explanation, n I can't get pics to explain as I'm not with my car! You should see what I mean when you take a look though. I had water dripping down on to the seat, and this fixed it nicely.

awesome, ill have to give that a try tonight. I can't beleive i havnt brought this up before cause it pisses me off so much when it rains and then leaks, both sides actually, but yeah ill def. give that a try then.

and lol at shaved gas door :D

The door poppers will quit working wen it gets cold. And they have got to be the biggest bitch to fix, what my friend did was he just took the popper off and had the wires hangin inside or outside the car so he could open the door and get from it from the outside.

The door poppers will quit working wen it gets cold. And they have got to be the biggest bitch to fix, what my friend did was he just took the popper off and had the wires hangin inside or outside the car so he could open the door and get from it from the outside.

that's why there's supposed to be a backup hidden on the car. of course, this means that since the locks will be shaved as well, you will need to leave your car unlocked. the backup can be found and voila, thieves have it easy.

that's why there's supposed to be a backup hidden on the car. of course, this means that since the locks will be shaved as well, you will need to leave your car unlocked. the backup can be found and voila, thieves have it easy.

which is pretty much the biggest reason not to shave ur doors.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I am aware of theives being able to get into my car with the backup and that has crossed my mind many times and thats the main reason why it's not something im certain on doing.

I have many ideas for my car and nothing is really a go yet I'm just getting looking at everything first. I will keep all your guys' advice in mind and like I said shaved doors isn't a for sure thing yet it's just something that would make my sol unique from the ones around my area. I'm all for uniqueness and all the mods I am doing and will be doing to my car will reflect that. And if you guys wanna see photos of my sol and check out the work I'm currently doing check out my cardomain page... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3105955 . And leave comments and advice!

ok, I tried to look for the proper how-to of it, can't find it anywhere, but basically all it involves is...

Open the door, and sit in, and look up at the seal where the front of the main side window meets the seal, right about here...

3384993142_51f56776dd.jpg

And you need to lift up a lil bit of the seal on the inner side (NOT as in lift it off the car, you just need to move a bit of it out the way), and there is a small metal lip that runs along the seal, with this you just need to push it up and out a little bit, and it'll force the seal to sit against the window better. Ok this isn't the best explanation, n I can't get pics to explain as I'm not with my car! You should see what I mean when you take a look though. I had water dripping down on to the seat, and this fixed it nicely.

and thanks for that tip it would definitely be nice if there wasnt leakage:P especially when i get all my interior work finished

i guess youre into all show no go

and right now i'm working on show aspects yes.. and the only reason i'm not doing engine work right now is because I have a very low income cuz im a full time student in my second year of university so I have no time to work and all the interior work I'm currently doing is not costing me a whole lot cuz i'm doing everything myself as well as the exterior work. I also need a new engine cuz mine's about to pooch and besides the previous owner swapped engines and down graded from the stock vtec so i'm not too happy about that either. And affording an engine right now is near impossible so that's on the to do list when I get the cash and hopefully the engine in there lasts till then but i guess we'll see, I'm doing what I can to keep it alive.

and right now i'm working on show aspects yes.. and the only reason i'm not doing engine work right now is because I have a very low income cuz im a full time student in my second year of university so I have no time to work and all the interior work I'm currently doing is not costing me a whole lot cuz i'm doing everything myself as well as the exterior work. I also need a new engine cuz mine's about to pooch and besides the previous owner swapped engines and down graded from the stock vtec so i'm not too happy about that either. And affording an engine right now is near impossible so that's on the to do list when I get the cash and hopefully the engine in there lasts till then but i guess we'll see, I'm doing what I can to keep it alive.

Wait...what? At *least* 2 grand to do your crapty shaved handles and lambo doors, whereas a engine swap would run you about the same. You can afford one and not the other? Not to mention that you think the engine is going to die soon anyways. Yea, you are all show and no go.

OK

Jessica look i show my car and what i have noticed from car shows is that engine will give you more points at a show then lambos and shaved door handles. Engine is what grabs people attention they see a nice engine.

Clean!

Turbo!

Powdercaoting!

All helps grabs people heads when you show them your engine.

Interior long as it is clean helps.

My opinion is have the car painted and all the rust fix or what not have a nice clean paint job with a very clean turbo engine you will kill at shows compared to a dirty stock motor with a nice exterior paint and lambos.

I have lost to shows before with my car against a car with a stock body lowered with on some nice wheels with a tubro engine.

cars4kids7.jpg

Truth is Clean Engine, and A nice turbo Set up Owns. Anyone who just does exterior and inteiror.

Also what helps is using name brand crap. My wheels kill me at shows cause there not a name brand there exel. Name brand meaning bbs, ssr,konig,and so on.

But its whatever cause im going down a size to a 16 in either a bronze color or a gold color. Im looking at a nice pair of ssr.

'

Im not going to sit here and lie to you. I was the same way My list went like this:

Wheels

Body kit,

Lowered

Hood,

Headlights and tail lights

Then move into interior fiberglass dash door panels jdm visor with tvs and crap..

But after showing my car and going to shows and talking to people who show there call i have learned to skip the interior till the end that i will be more successful in shows if i do engine now.cause my exterior grabs attention at shows now a bad ass looking engine would complete the car.

Instead of seeing this boring engine bay

028.jpg

Jessica,

I just saw your cardomain.

I think your car has a good amount of potential.

Mold the kit. Will fit alot better.

Deff need to lower that car

But i give you credit like i said i wish my gf was into cars!

Wait...what? At *least* 2 grand to do your crapty shaved handles and lambo doors, whereas a engine swap would run you about the same. You can afford one and not the other? Not to mention that you think the engine is going to die soon anyways. Yea, you are all show and no go.

okay

1. shaved doors will cost me the kit and thats it

2. i didnt say i was getting lambo doors before the engine. I know i can't afford lambo doors either

I will be getting an engine before the doors that's for sure but as for the shaved doors if this does happen, yes it will happen before the engine.

Jessica,

I just saw your cardomain.

I think your car has a good amount of potential.

Mold the kit. Will fit alot better.

Deff need to lower that car

But i give you credit like i said i wish my gf was into cars!

the kit isnt on yet I just set it overtop of my stock bumper to get an idea of what it's going to look like:P and ya once it's on i'm going to mold it that's already on the to do list. and lowering is also.

well if your going to mold your kit then try to put lambos on after wards. your cant do. because how they bolt and weld into the fender if your side skirts and front buimper is molded together there is no way u can take your fenders off.

Jessica get everything u want done first then have it painted exterior wise.

So i was talking to a friend about this subject.

He said there is no way u have lambo doors and shaved door handles cause the door popper kick the door out not up so they will never work for lambos

So i was talking to a friend about this subject.

He said there is no way u have lambo doors and shaved door handles cause the door popper kick the door out not up so they will never work for lambos

the aftermarket kit doors go out and then up, only the real ones go straight up, so you can still use poppers

i checked out your cardomain and i really liked the del sol you airbrushed onto the back panel, nice work. also the speakers were pretty unique too, cant say ive seen that done before. can't wait to see the finished product

Yes i kno jordan but you can only open them so far the door poppers actually kick they door almost to barley open that u would have to pull from the side leaving finger prints on your car too.

the guy who helped me do my car wanted me to do it to my car i was like nooo way. im not shaving them.

the kid i asked has a bagged mini truck with door poppers and lambos and says he has so much problem with them since he shaved his door handels its became a pain in the ass now

so is it cool now to put dohc stickers on a 93 sol thats sohc??

oh not to mention it got put to the nonvtec motor so that would mean the previous owner put a d15 in it?

another sol is going to go to hell now :(

and lol at huge wing for downforce on a prelude

Archived