shaved door handles

jessica_sol

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so is it cool now to put dohc stickers on a 93 sol thats sohc??

oh not to mention it got put to the nonvtec motor so that would mean the previous owner put a d15 in it?

another sol is going to go to hell now :(

and lol at huge wing for downforce on a prelude

actually its not going to hell. I am slowly bringing it out of what the owner did to it. Not to mention that when I got a new deck the wires from the old one were held together with bandaids!! there's a del sol owner that never should have been one. It's ridiculous what the preview owner did and I have put a lot of work into it to bring it out of that and eventually everything will be fixed. as for the sticker, yes I know its not dohc, the preview owner also put that sticker on there.

So i was talking to a friend about this subject.

He said there is no way u have lambo doors and shaved door handles cause the door popper kick the door out not up so they will never work for lambos

ya i figured that much. thanks

Its your car so do what ever you want. I suggest you my suggestions But im not there to be a parent.

I just have been to alot of car shows and kno what the Judges look for.

And what flaws and what do not work with the sol. It took me a year to build my exterior i read on what the best company that makes a body kit to go with. What is a good reputable springs i should use to lower my car. What shocks and struts ride nice. What headlights look best and are dot approved. And so on.

If i was you i wouldnt do lambos or shave my door handels, if you dont listen to the radio and you dont plan on selling the car then shave the attenna.

I think if you molded everything and everything flowed and You dont put a huge aluminum style wing on the car i think you can pull it out and make it really nice. But i recommended you leave interior to the last.

Since your doing everything your self dont rush it. Get another car if you have to. Take your time on the car i dont want to see it half assed.

good work takes time. rush jobs are not good work.

Its your car so do what ever you want. I suggest you my suggestions But im not there to be a parent.

I just have been to alot of car shows and kno what the Judges look for.

And what flaws and what do not work with the sol. It took me a year to build my exterior i read on what the best company that makes a body kit to go with. What is a good reputable springs i should use to lower my car. What shocks and struts ride nice. What headlights look best and are dot approved. And so on.

If i was you i wouldnt do lambos or shave my door handels, if you dont listen to the radio and you dont plan on selling the car then shave the attenna.

I think if you molded everything and everything flowed and You dont put a huge aluminum style wing on the car i think you can pull it out and make it really nice. But i recommended you leave interior to the last.

Since your doing everything your self dont rush it. Get another car if you have to. Take your time on the car i dont want to see it half assed.

good work takes time. rush jobs are not good work.

i am planning on shaving the antenna as well as the license plate holes on the front of the car. And molding everything is also on the list

The last thing i'm about to do is rush everything. Last summer when I painted the interior white and blue I didn't do it like I should have and the paint started chipping and started to look awful. I went to a cheap automotive store and bought rattle cans and spend about 24 hours on it. It looked awesome when i finished it but over a few months it went to hell. Which is why I am fiberglassing everything and doing a lot of customization. I'm a perfectionist so the last thing you will see me doing is rushing it just to get it done. It will be done right this time and it'll look good. If i was going to rush it I would have left all the fiberglass on the back compartments even tho it was peeling off (if you looked at my cardomain you'll see what I mean). Don't worry it won't be half assed. besides, from what you see on the cardomain does it look like im doing things half assed?

And once the intensive work starts as soon as i'm out of school I have another car that I will be driving while my sol is down. Right now I'm just itching to do work and the interior is the only thing I can do at this point with snow on the ground and so little time to get into the garage to work because of school. Plus I want to do it eventually so why not do it now? Once I start working full time in may i am going to save up and I will hopefully be able to afford my engine by the time school starts again. Only time will tell.

You dont put a huge aluminum style wing on the car i think you can pull it out and make it really nice.

only seb can do that

step 1) take the sticker off.. it makes you look like a ricer who has no idea w t f they are talking about

step 2) replace the motor.. no use in having a nice car if its in your yard

step 3) make the interior flow better.. it looked alright in the back with the blue and white but in the front it looked strange with the random black dash

step 4) if you really want it to stand out do something clean and simple that isnt done much.. too crazy just makes it look overboard and turns a lot of people off.. which is why tallhammers looks so damn good because hes put a lot into it but its still clean (even though im not a fan of molded bumpers i know a lot of people are)

only seb can do that

step 1) take the sticker off.. it makes you look like a ricer who has no idea w t f they are talking about

step 2) replace the motor.. no use in having a nice car if its in your yard

step 3) make the interior flow better.. it looked alright in the back with the blue and white but in the front it looked strange with the random black dash

step 4) if you really want it to stand out do something clean and simple that isnt done much.. too crazy just makes it look overboard and turns a lot of people off.. which is why tallhammers looks so damn good because hes put a lot into it but its still clean (even though im not a fan of molded bumpers i know a lot of people are)

1. sticker is coming off

2. i said how many times that the motor is going to be replaced once I get the cash. obviously you dont know what it is like being in university making $100 canadian every 2 weeks which pays for gas and food. I just said in my previous post that I will hopefully have enough cash to get the motor by the time next semester starts.

3. at that point in those pictures on my car domain the interior wasnt finished. The plan was to do the dash and the door panels as well but it was a work in progress and then it went to hell so I just left it until I could get back to it. Like I said im fiberglassing the whole interior and that is including the dash and the door panels.

4. just wait till everything is done. I'm not going overboard. You did the front end conversion which I can't stand but i'm not sitting here bashing it because I have respect for other people's work and if they like it I'll respect that fact, I won't tell them otherwise

lol yah you dont a thing about me

i DO know how you feel because I may about that much in US and I am also a second year engineering student

oh and i said the interior looked alright.. never said it was bad.. just said it didnt look quite right.. dont know about white interior though thats asking for dirt everywhere

you think having shaved door handles and lambo doors will be 'cool'.. when in reality if you want to be pratical about it your probably going to get locked out of your car when it gets cold or your going to walk out one day and your crap is going to be gone because they are already easy to steal.. and your right i do like my front end conversion.. its different but simple..

but if you havent figured it out a lot of people on this forum dont like over the top crap that doesnt make sense.. if you want a nice car that you dont get bashed for take some of tallhammers advice otherwise your going to be hearing the word 'rice' a lot.. at least your not talking about puttin a huge wing on it or something (no offense seb) or chrome rims or somthing.. and he was right about all show no go will never get a lot of attention

im all for doing what you want but you could at least LISTEN to the advice people are giving you about being practical with your decisions.. you can make a car look good if done right even with something crazy on it.. but its hard to believe that your going to have the time and money to do it right when you keep saying you dont make any money and didnt have time to do the interior right

i vote to lay off her. she's obviously working hard on making any progress possible on her car. It's her taste, and I don't really think the whole shaved door handles looks bad at all. I'm a bit turned off by lambo doors though, and she has already said she threw that idea out the window. She said she is going to swap the engine in when she has a chance. She also said she isn't just going to rush things and is still perfecting everything.

The last few posts have been a bit too redundant and we're trying too hard to force our opinions on her

"you should do a, b, c, d"

"i am doing a, b, c, but don't like d"

"well, you should still do a, b ,c, d" etc.

Keep working on your car. It doesn't matter what we say here. There will always be people who will respect you and your ride for what it is and how hard you've worked on it. Seb is a perfect example of that.

that's my $0.02

but if you havent figured it out a lot of people on this forum dont like over the top crap that doesnt make sense.. if you want a nice car that you dont get bashed for take some of tallhammers advice otherwise your going to be hearing the word 'rice' a lot.. at least your not talking about puttin a huge wing on it or something (no offense seb) or chrome rims or somthing.. and he was right about all show no go will never get a lot of attention

there is something wrong with chrome/polished wheels? huh

and jessica your car looks good stock minus the stickers and the wheels..

lower it and put some 16's on it with a lip and it would look damn good!! :thumbsup:

brightly colored interior is fast and the furious style, FTL!!! :nono:

oh oh BTW that new front bumper is bleh

ok, i admit that the front bumper isn't the greatest, but then again it's not painted. I suppose it doesn't really match the del sol's style. Those two bottom lips kinda kill it, but it would probably be better when it's painted and actually bolted on correctly. The rims are alright, not my stile though. I don't like rims with thin "spokes". IMO the whole idea of "keep it stock looking, put a lip on it, and drop it a few" just isn't always the best way to go. I want to see how her car is going to come out when she's done with it.

call me crazy, but i almost kinda like this car http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2979152

just don't go this far... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2122136

if she wants to show it and have it nice then she should care what other people think

and its not just people telling her 'you should do this because we dont like it' its like 'you shouldnt do that cause it might bite you in the ass later'

lower it and put some 16's on it with a lip and it would look damn good!! :thumbsup:

chrome is too heavy

it would look like his cars twin after he gets his rims on his :p

her interior isnt bad if was finished even if it is bright

+1 on the bumper though

and for those 2 sols shane posted.. neither one is BAD IMO but they are show cars.. aka have a whole lot of time/money in them and probably are not drove a lot.. either way i think the sol needs the door handles.. they're already flush with the car so its not like it messes up anything

How about everyone just STFU and answer the questions the OP asks. Instead of repeating your opinions over and over for 4 pages. Preston, god damn your triple posting conversations with yourself in here.

I am trying to look into poppers with a remote, does anyone know where I can find some good ones that aren't insanely expensive?

Also if I wanted to get vertical doors in the near future is there certain poppers that I need or how do I do that?

No I don't. Google works just as well for you as it does for me.

Was already answered previously....like on PAGE F***ING ONE. WTF people.

call me crazy, but i almost kinda like this car http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2979152

Dang... I actually have to agree with you on that one... Personally, I think that front bumper is the worst one you could possibly put on a Del Sol... but that guy managed to pull it off. It's vulgar, no doubt about that, but it's actually likeable for all it's vulgarity... which is a miracle and a half IMO. It's not something I'd do to mine, but I can actually admire it... Definitely a case of the whole being more than the sum of it's parts...

and jessica your car looks good stock minus the stickers and the wheels..

Chrome yes...polished no. Chrome belongs on American muscle cars.

alright guys thanks for all your advice and comments I will definitely keep it all in mind and I'll think long and hard about the handles. From what you guys are saying i'm leaning away from it because I don't want to have to deal with it when it craps out, although I still admire the look. But my job is done here everyone have a good one and good luck on future car work. :)

ok, i admit that the front bumper isn't the greatest, but then again it's not painted. I suppose it doesn't really match the del sol's style. Those two bottom lips kinda kill it, but it would probably be better when it's painted and actually bolted on correctly. The rims are alright, not my stile though. I don't like rims with thin "spokes". IMO the whole idea of "keep it stock looking, put a lip on it, and drop it a few" just isn't always the best way to go. I want to see how her car is going to come out when she's done with it.

just don't go this far... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2122136

one last comment. I dont like the rims either they came with the car when I bought it. I don't like that style of rim let alone the colour.. not a fan of the gold and chrome. Those will be gone too once everything on the car is done. But because of money issues and needing an engine it'll probably be a while before I can get new ones. but that's all i'll be posting on this forum. thanks again

lol why do new people post and say okay bye?

and what is she talking about her gold rims being gone? her rims look silver

i know i said i wasn't going to post again but i'm gunna answer this anyway.. the face is chrome but on the sides of the spokes inside are goldish. if you click on the first pic on my cardomain you'll see what I mean.

Archived