over heating help!!

finks 1992 accord lx

i have a 1992 Honda accord lx that was over heating do to a cracked rad. so i replaced it and the thermostat (as well as adding anti-freeze and oil,not in the rad thou) and it ran good for a while. Then the other day it over heated again and i added more anti freeze and bleeded the lines, then it over heated again today and i have know idea what it could be,

i have a 1992 Honda accord lx that was over heating do to a cracked rad. so i replaced it and the thermostat (as well as adding anti-freeze and oil,not in the rad thou) and it ran good for a while. Then the other day it over heated again and i added more anti freeze and bleeded the lines, then it over heated again today and i have know idea what it could be,

check to make sure the coolant is getting through all the hoses. one hose should be cooler than the other (i think it's the bottom one that supposed to be hot). check to make sure the rad fan is coming on.

Is it overheating on the gauge on the cluster and/or is it acutally overheating? Could be several things:

1. If you used a aftermarket thermostat it may be bad.

2. The engine coolant temperature sensor is giving bad readings making the gauge show it is over heating when infact the car is not.

3. If it is overheating while at a stop and the fans are not running then there is an issue with that system someplace.

4. Your head gasket is failing.

You need to supply more details about when it is overheating, does the car act differently when it is over heating, confirm fans are turning on, etc. Once you better desrcibe it we can probably help better.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah in a way i have kinda the same problem my car if i am stoped at a redlight the temp will get hotter but i hit the gas and it drops right back down to normal what could that be?

make sure you bleed the air out of your water system, sometimes call Burbing, theres a little 10mm valve by the intake near the EGR, turn on your engine and open that valve up to let the air escape, it'll squirt out a few times but let it release all the air untill there is a constant flow of coolant coming out, then close it. Also check your fans to see if they turn on when hot, most likely a dead fan switch sensor, if your car only overheats when stopped.

Archived