Question about tires??

frostedflake

the car wasn't shaking before the the tires went. you just don't wanna accept that the tires failed not the car. we don't roll around in crapty cars, we actually take good car of them including getting alignments. Either way the tires were garbage and both of us and the car is ok so thats all that really matters. so please no more bitching to me about us driving unsafe cars because a tire blew out. Tires can randomly blow out we all have had it done to us even just going slow.

Oh! by the way I found out why they don't list the z rating anymore but they have zr still they just don't list it. they switched the speed rating scale about 6 months ago and came out with the new W and Y ratings(which on falkens sight says his tires are W rated).

They say that the W rating is rated to 168mph and Y rated at 186mph. he bought them about 8 months ago before they changed the scale. on the tire the sizing says 205/45ZR17 so that should answer your question I hope.

oh hey man, I wasn't getting mad at the people that are actually answering my question like you, I was pissed at the people who wanna talk only like I'm some kid with some riced out car. I do appreciate all the help you guys have given me and I decided I was gonna get the Azenis RT-615, they seem to be what I'm lookin for. It just gets on my nerves when people wanna judge because they don't know the whole story. So thanks to all the people who helped my find what I was lookin for :happy:

He wasn't holding it at 140, we had just got an exhaust leak fixed on his header and he got a little bit too excited on a completely empty highway. anybody that knows the area knows that there is very few traffic on 840. he just gassed it and as soon as the car hit roughly 140 it started to shake like mad crazy and was pulling us towards the grass median, but we didn't have enough time to stop so we slid through the median and across the other side onto the shoulder on the other side of the highway, luckily we didn't get hurt. I know he will think twice about doing that again so I'm not mad at him. And also nobody in here has room to judge anybody else because we all know that we have gone way too fast, and as far as his tires goes he specifically told them to give him z rated tires so we wouldn't have this problem so if they gave him something else it is not our fault and we should sue them for false advertising and almost killing us.

that is VERY true, when i test drove a EVO for the first time, i got it up to at least 145+ because when i looked down after decelerating for a few seconds it was just below 140.. 840 is the best place to go do whatever because there is NOBODY down there ever!

Since it was pulling and shaking, his alignment was off causing excess friction and heat, thereby shredding the tires. You just answered the question as to why the tires failed. The tires were fine, the vehicle wasn't. Don't blame tires for a badly setup vehicle.

the pulling and shaking could have been from one of the tires loosing pressure though.. lost pressire then gave out and thats when he shot across the median then the other gave out possibly... anything could happen. weird crap happens, just like when i wrecked the bmw going 240kmh..

...And also nobody in here has room to judge anybody else because we all know that we have gone way too fast, ...

My civic has never exceeded 85. The gps in the vw tells me my max speed attained is 81.1. I don't think the ram and the cherokee are physically capable of breaching the 70mph mark without imploding. >_<

I like to go from 0-60 fast, and have my cars handle and corner well.

Bottom line in this whole discussion is that a street car shouldn't be going 140 on the street regardless of the tires used. One thing to point out is that a street tire distributor uses a high speed spin balancer but they only go to around 70-80 mph on those. When you exceed 80mph the tires were not balanced for that speed. You would have to take the car to a high performance specialty shop that can give you a balancing for a racing tire to achieve the accuracy needed to be safe.

the car wasn't shaking before the the tires went. you just don't wanna accept that the tires failed not the car. we don't roll around in crapty cars, we actually take good car of them including getting alignments. Either way the tires were garbage and both of us and the car is ok so thats all that really matters. so please no more bitching to me about us driving unsafe cars because a tire blew out. Tires can randomly blow out we all have had it done to us even just going slow.

Oh! by the way I found out why they don't list the z rating anymore but they have zr still they just don't list it. they switched the speed rating scale about 6 months ago and came out with the new W and Y ratings(which on falkens sight says his tires are W rated).

They say that the W rating is rated to 168mph and Y rated at 186mph. he bought them about 8 months ago before they changed the scale. on the tire the sizing says 205/45ZR17 so that should answer your question I hope.

Bullcrap. You said it started shaking and pulling once you hit 140, which means the alignment and/or balance was out. Also, there is a major difference between a blowout and complete shredding. I've had a blowout, but never a shredded tire...wanna guess why? That's right, I wasn't a jackass doing 140 on a public highway. The excess heat caused from the mis-alignment caused the tires to shred. Do you understand this now?

the bmw that i wrecked at 240k didnt have a bad alignment.. it had a bad rotate/balance, which caused the tire to pop/shred and send me into a guardrail at 240k then the other tire popped.. not a fun ride.. that possibly could have been his problem as well.. not only alignments cause the tires to heat up excessivly, a bad rotate and balance could cause it as well..

the bmw that i wrecked at 240k didnt have a bad alignment.. it had a bad rotate/balance, which caused the tire to pop/shred and send me into a guardrail at 240k then the other tire popped.. not a fun ride.. that possibly could have been his problem as well.. not only alignments cause the tires to heat up excessivly, a bad rotate and balance could cause it as well..

Might wanna read my post again. I mention alignment and balance. I just get sick of people making excuses for their bad decisions.

And I get sick of people being complete jackasses! And YES I did understand what you said the first time about the tires being out of balance or misaligned, I'm not stupid. I am sick of repeating my self and this was not the initial question and I'm sick of judgmental buttheads who don't know what I'm talking about posting crap so they can feel better about themselves. Bottom line don't post anything if you don't have anything nice to say :thumbsup:

And I get sick of people being complete jackasses! And YES I did understand what you said the first time about the tires being out of balance or misaligned, I'm not stupid. I am sick of repeating my self and this was not the initial question and I'm sick of judgmental buttheads who don't know what I'm talking about posting crap so they can feel better about themselves. Bottom line don't post anything if you don't have anything nice to say :thumbsup:

Yet, you still claim the tires failed because they suck. :unsure:

Tires dont fail. and they dont shred unless the alignment is off.

the tires are very good.. i had ziex 512 and kept them for over 30k miles.

I've been looking at the Falken Anenis RT-615 205/50R-15 89W XL B.

Does anybody know how these will hold up on the track? I've been reading some reviews and everybody says good things about these, so I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with these?

Archived