Dominos: do you eat?

TLontheDL

i mentioned that. that's the biggest reason behind why I won't eat halal meat- If I won't get married in a christian church which is a religion that do approve of, does anyone seriously believe that I'll eat the meat "blessed" by a religion I have little to no respect for?

When you say "approve of" do you mean that your are a christian? Or is Christianity just something that you could deal with over Islam?

And if you are religious, do you believe that eating meat from an animal slaughtered by a Muslim is in some way blasphemic or sinful?

I was going to try and explain my beliefs, but i know that no matter how much I explain it, it won't register and make sense. That and the fact that well, it's the internet and I have no real need to defend my beliefs online because arguing over the internet is just plain stupid. Lets basically put it this way- I'm considered agnostic, but I have a strong preference for many pagan beliefs. I was raised in the Church of England/Episcopal and I've rejected organized religion since I was about 6 years old and no one knows why (neither do i, actually- it's not like my family influenced that). And as the icing on the cake I'm marrying a devout roman catholic. Confused yet?

I was going to try and explain my beliefs, but i know that no matter how much I explain it, it won't register and make sense. That and the fact that well, it's the internet and I have no real need to defend my beliefs online because arguing over the internet is just plain stupid. Lets basically put it this way- I'm considered agnostic, but I have a strong preference for many pagan beliefs. I was raised in the Church of England/Episcopal and I've rejected organized religion since I was about 6 years old and no one knows why (neither do i, actually- it's not like my family influenced that). And as the icing on the cake I'm marrying a devout roman catholic. Confused yet?

This was never an argument. Just a discussion.

So you're agnostic leaning towards paganism. So if you don't believe in Allah or Jesus or any of that crap, then why would it make a difference to you if the man who slaughters an animal you eat from claims to have ties with some mythical higher being and says some words before he does it? With all due respect, it sounds contradicting.

I myself am an atheist. And as such, I discount all religions equally. I wouldn't care if pope Benedict himself put a curse of a thousand nazis on a side of beef; if it was tasty, I'd eat it. lol

Archived