getting a new car

airjordan223

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
for $10k and such low miles i wouldn't trust it. plus newer german cars require absurd amounts of money to maintain.

This is certainly an absurd stereotype. I assume your opinion is entirely based on first-hand experience?

It is the upscale marquee of vw. Nothing wrong with a nice audi. The a4 and the a6 were/are both nice cars cosmetically and mechanically.

This is certainly an absurd stereotype. I assume your opinion is entirely based on first-hand experience?

It is the upscale marquee of vw. Nothing wrong with a nice audi. The a4 and the a6 were/are both nice cars cosmetically and mechanically.

with bmw it is. $100 for the last oil change on my grandpa's 740i, and it was a 99 (burnt with the house in the Anaheim hills fires). i don't want to know how much it is for his new one.

BMW does not equal Audi

They happen to be made by two entirely different car companies. How you can justify generalizing them together I just can't quite understand.

BMW does not equal Audi

They happen to be made by two entirely different car companies. How you can justify generalizing them together I just can't quite understand.

i wasn't really saying that they are unreliable, just saying that you pay a bunch for general repairs because of the name. i shouldn't generalise but when you consider all other german cars cost more to maintain than others you can't really blame me. look at mercedes, i don't even need to say anything, with Porsche you are paying for the name, my first roomate had a gti that wasn't cheap either, then throw in my grandpa's bmw, see the pattern?

well i can certainly change the oil so i'm not worried about that. brakes and stuff i can replace myself as well, so its just parts.

do work

DSC_0099-A-EditLarge.jpg

actljm3.jpg

2087346015_8e6ca490d8_b.jpg

i wasn't really saying that they are unreliable, just saying that you pay a bunch for general repairs because of the name. i shouldn't generalise but when you consider all other german cars cost more to maintain than others you can't really blame me. look at mercedes, i don't even need to say anything, with Porsche you are paying for the name, my first roomate had a gti that wasn't cheap either, then throw in my grandpa's bmw, see the pattern?

You have pretty much answered all the questions yourself: BMW, Mercedes, Porsche...All luxury and High performance only Marquees. VW and Audi are not high performance brands, nor are they luxury brands. VW is essentially GM Germany and Audi is the classy line. Very similar to Chevrolet and Cadillac. Cadilac is indeed an upscale brand but is made by a common manufacturer. BMW and Merc are upscale brands made by themselves.

I say jump in on the A4. I prefer the A3 myself but the A4 is pretty tits.

i say grab it

but as soon as you do, LOWER IT! once its lowered it handles like a beast!!

i like that car alot its just the clutch thing that scares the crap out of me every time. because i would down shift to speed up to get on the autobahn and it would make that sudden jolt, but after that the sum b!tch started scootin!! the 1.8T is quick, i can only imagine a 3.0 quattro

Don't take advice on Euro cars from an American.

VW are a luxury brand for the average person, their quality is much better than say Ford or Vauxhall (Opel/GM)

Also, that first blue A4 you put up is the sh*t! :D Although they have fairly smart square features and styling, Audi's still look sweet.

Then i wont take advice on American cars from a European :p

i deff. agree on the last part

Lol yeah don't take advice from me about american car's, apart from when I say the majority of them fail in every single aspect, unless u get a mustang or Hummer. As thats the gods honest truth!

lol wut

I hope you are talking about the H1

which mustang? the new ones aren't that spectacular, engine is nothing fancy. they are, however, probably one of the most frequently modified american sports cars

Don't take advice on Euro cars from an American.

This is just fail in every sense of the phrase.

Yet you are here on HF giving advice on a jap car and you are a brit.... Your nationality and origin of car has nothing to do with your ability to comment on them.

You are no more qualified to comment on a vw or audi then I am. At least I have personally owned a vw. I must say, it absofrackinglutely is not a luxury car. I have ridden in focuses that were assembled, rode and handled better. My vw was stupidly cheap and the interior assembly is shoddy as hell. The thing is only three years old and rattles and jingles over every bump. The only redeeming quality is under the hood it runs well and gets good mileage. I enjoy driving it and it was worth what I paid but I will not buy another one.

Every car line has at least a single performance car. Just because vw has the gti does not make them a high perf company. It means they are like every other company making at least one new car showroom eye candy.

Gah, I hate bickering. Just buy the damn audi so we can close this thread.

it's gotta be the classic mustangs, but I do really like the shape of the newest ones (like the upgraded versions especially), and the next generation one looks sweet.

I'd take a H1 (cos i wanna be Schwarzeneggar) or H2 (cos i wanna be big pimpin), the H3 is'nt worth mentioning though.

i see a trend with you, form>function. my preferance is function>form, so if i was after a mustang i'd run with an 80's fox body, which most people think is hideous. and H1 is cool but not as cracked up as i thought it was. turns out people like to take the h1 body and swap its chassis for a suburban chassis since they have more aftermarket support when it comes to suspension. and while both the newer hummers are a joke i'd prefer the H3 over the H3 becaause the H2 has much better offroad capabilities

Seb, Apparently you spent too much time and effort quoting me and didn't actually read my earlier post in which I commented that audi was the luxury marquee between the joint venture of audi and vw. :rolleyes:

In the usa, vw has no such 'quality' label. If anything they are known as problematic and shoddy (very similar to most other small domestic craft). Other then coming with heated seats the amenities on the golf are the same as I would get on any top level trim honda, ford or kia.

subaru wrx sti? great car and has plenty of room. never heard of them having any major problems. my cousin has a 08 subaru legacy, its a good car too, lots of room for the size it is :) good luck picking a good one

..could always get an audi r8 hehehehehehe

never a bad thing. as long as their hot.

Do they get extra choices of carpet when choosing accessories?

couldn't resist

the legacy is quick too, weve taken my cousins to 135 and still had some left, just ran outta room.

yeah youll have to change carpets quite frequently, as you will be burning them with lesbian knees.

the legacy is quick too, weve taken my cousins to 135 and still had some left, just ran outta room.

yeah youll have to change carpets quite frequently, as you will be burning them with lesbian knees.

my civic will do 135, doesn't mean its quick

I'm not fully up to date on my subie knowledge but an maintenance of mine has a Legacy GT of some vintage and it comes equipped with the same boxer engine that the wrx has.

Very fast car and comfy as well.

thank you for all the advice and bickering. i have an appointment to check out the silver A4, turns out the black/dark blue one was autotragic.

the dolphin grey one you had pictures of?

you posted a picture of the interior.. it was manual..

subaru wrx sti

fail

Archived