HELP!!!!! How to Drive my Accord

NeedforAccord07

I just reread your first post. Your speedometer reads 160 but your car cannot go 160. Keep in mind every time you drive that car that the tires that are installed are very likely only speed rated up to 85mph. Any time you exceed 85mph you are playing Russian roulette. New driver + unstable speeds + car load of friends = major disaster.

I dont drive with any friends.

I would think that driving it at higher RPMs and at higher speeds does more damage than accelerating hard.

both do damage.. well accelerating a little fast and flooring it are two different things too.. i mean i tend to acclerate faster then other cars but i when shifting its normally never about 4k rpms (redline is 7200).. but i dont go around launching my car everywhere

okay damage may not be the right word.. it just wears it out faster.. but of course granny driving everywhere 24/7 isnt too awesome either cause carbon build up etc. my firebird used to run like butt if you didnt get down on it every now and again

Insert 'friends' with changing stereo, talking on cell phone or any other form of distraction.

Whether you follow the stereotype or not, new drivers and distractions are the most accident prone people on the street. Not because they are bad drivers but just because they do not have the experience and the 'feel' for driving. Add in speeding and an unsuitable vehicle setup...

In answer to your initial question: Speeding up quickly will not hurt your car provided you are not flooring the accelerator 100% at every stop. The common term is 'spirited driving'. The car can handle it. Your fuel mileage will be a bit lower, possibly a lot lower if you do a lot of city driving. Just make sure to keep the vehicle properly maintained.

uve got a nice car take care off it and it will take care off u. especially a vtec there is no need to almost ever floor it. U should have learned how much gas to give it in drivers ed. Just make sure u dont treat it like crap.

Archived