91 accord LX transmission RIP what will fit?

ludedude25

Well i'm having one hell of a bad luck run with this damn car here lately.

Just last summer put a new windshield, tires, timing overhaul with water pump and a cv shaft. Just last week put in a new radiator & hoses, speed sensor, & the other half shaft. Today the transmission went out! She drove it to work and while driving down the road it shifted gears and made a horrible grinding and rolled to a stop. No matter what gear you position the shifter in besides park or neutral it grinds and car will roll. Had to toe it home. I've had it for several years & only transmission issues it's ever had was the TCU and it's always hit 2nd gear a bit hard in my opinion but never affected it. Been like that for 10+ years even since my parents used to own it.

I don't know weather to part it out or fix it. Heck it's got 187k on it. The transmission is a automatic & has the sport S button on the shifter tho it's really never been used except for to see what it did.

Does it take a special transmission for this 91 accord LX? Or will any 90 - 93 automatic work it and with it's Sport button and it's TCU ? Hate to part out a perfect running rust bucket lol.

Well I guess I jumped the gun on that one. After pulling it home I checked it again and the damn CV shaft came out so I pushed it back in almost to easy and it drives again. I think the retaining clip must be bad damn autozone. at least it's easier to go swap it out then the transmission!

Archived